My first job interview help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 05:32 PM
RE: My first job interview help
Our Ferdi's growing up *sniff*

You've been given great advice so I've nothing to add there. You'll do fine!

Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-08-2014, 05:52 PM
(16-08-2014 04:56 PM)kim Wrote:  Sweet! Smile
Be yourself, be neat and presentable, mannerly, shake hands upon entering, make eye contact, don't squirm in your chair, cross ankles - not knees, hands comfortably on arm rests or in lap - no clenched fists, relax... YOU BELONG THERE... or they wouldn't have called you. Listen to what they say and respond to their questions honestly and briefly and yes, smile - think about us if it makes you smile - no wait, fuck that - think about good shit - resist the urge to say shit and/or fuck at all costs. If you must scream, do it inside your mind - otherwise, it's just weird. At some point, they will ask you if you have any questions, just to see how on the ball you might be. You might ask about their ability to schedule around your schooling, ask about health insurance, and don't forget to ask about your pay rate. Shake hands again upon exiting, while thanking them for the opportunity to meet.

This, this is why women scare the shit outta me and the matriarchy is inevitable. What I did before an interview was sniff my armpits to make sure I didn't stink.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-08-2014, 05:57 PM
(16-08-2014 05:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:56 PM)kim Wrote:  Sweet! Smile
Be yourself, be neat and presentable, mannerly, shake hands upon entering, make eye contact, don't squirm in your chair, cross ankles - not knees, hands comfortably on arm rests or in lap - no clenched fists, relax... YOU BELONG THERE... or they wouldn't have called you. Listen to what they say and respond to their questions honestly and briefly and yes, smile - think about us if it makes you smile - no wait, fuck that - think about good shit - resist the urge to say shit and/or fuck at all costs. If you must scream, do it inside your mind - otherwise, it's just weird. At some point, they will ask you if you have any questions, just to see how on the ball you might be. You might ask about their ability to schedule around your schooling, ask about health insurance, and don't forget to ask about your pay rate. Shake hands again upon exiting, while thanking them for the opportunity to meet.

This, this is why women scare the shit outta me and the matriarchy is inevitable. What I did before an interview was sniff my armpits to make sure I didn't stink.

Girly, honey, it's not the 70s any more.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
16-08-2014, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 06:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-08-2014 05:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 05:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This, this is why women scare the shit outta me and the matriarchy is inevitable. What I did before an interview was sniff my armpits to make sure I didn't stink.

Girly, honey, it's not the 70s any more.

Yeah, you're right. The matriarchy has been in place for a while now. They just don't advertise it. No reason to. ... Bitches scare the shit outta me. Bechased

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-08-2014, 06:14 PM
(16-08-2014 06:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 05:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Girly, honey, it's not the 70s any more.

Yeah, you're right. The matriarchy has been in place for a while now. They just don't advertise it. No reason to. ... Bitches scare the shit outta me. Bechased

To make certain of acceptance ... we've had to sneak up on it.... to make it look like it was your guys' idea all along. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
16-08-2014, 06:18 PM
(16-08-2014 06:14 PM)kim Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 06:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, you're right. The matriarchy has been in place for a while now. They just don't advertise it. No reason to. ... Bitches scare the shit outta me. Bechased

To make certain of acceptance ... we've had to sneak up on it.... to make it look like it was your guys' idea all along. Wink

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Jesus... I've been applying for jobs for seven years and not had a single interview... You're fucking lucky.

I've given up now, fuck work... They don't want me, so I don't want them.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-08-2014, 06:34 PM
(16-08-2014 06:26 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've given up now, fuck work... They don't want me, so I don't want them.

That's not a productive attitude. Volunteer somewhere just to get your depressed drunk ass out of the house. You might even make new friends. Shocking

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-08-2014, 06:41 PM
(16-08-2014 06:26 PM)Sam Wrote:  Jesus... I've been applying for jobs for seven years and not had a single interview... You're fucking lucky.

I've given up now, fuck work... They don't want me, so I don't want them.

Are you kidding me? I can't even get on Facebook once a day without seeing SOMEONE post about how they've got a new job, or their first job, or their eighth job. It's ridiculous. I've been applying for months and I was starting to lose hope until the call I received this morning caught me off guard and surprised me. Maybe you just live in a really shittily employed area.

Sad
16-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Pro tip for Ferdi - check the pits, as suggested by Girly but do the other things listed here too. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post