My first job interview help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: My first job interview help
(16-08-2014 06:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Pro tip for Ferdi - check the pits, as suggested by Girly but do the other things listed here too. Tongue

Dunno why, but now I'm even fucking more terrified.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-08-2014, 07:41 PM
(16-08-2014 07:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 06:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Pro tip for Ferdi - check the pits, as suggested by Girly but do the other things listed here too. Tongue

Dunno why, but now I'm even fucking more terrified.

Ah, I almost forgot. I'll probably need to trim my pits too. Being a boy is hard.
16-08-2014, 07:44 PM
(16-08-2014 07:41 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Ah, I almost forgot. I'll probably need to trim my pits too. Being a boy is hard.

Tanktop and hairy pits. You won't get the job but the interview will be hilarious.

#sigh
16-08-2014, 07:47 PM
(16-08-2014 07:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 07:41 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Ah, I almost forgot. I'll probably need to trim my pits too. Being a boy is hard.

Tanktop and hairy pits. You won't get the job but the interview will be hilarious.

[Image: image50.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Meh, pit hair isn't a big deal in some countries and cultures. Cleanliness is really the most universally important aspect of an armpit. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-08-2014, 08:47 PM
(16-08-2014 08:03 PM)kim Wrote:  Meh, pit hair isn't a big deal in some countries and cultures. Cleanliness is really the most universally important aspect of an armpit. Drinking Beverage

Meaning it don't stink.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-08-2014, 04:28 AM
Re: RE: My first job interview help
(16-08-2014 08:03 PM)kim Wrote:  Meh, pit hair isn't a big deal in some countries and cultures. Cleanliness is really the most universally important aspect of an armpit. Drinking Beverage

It's pretty hard to keep clean when it's hairy. Pit hair is a deal breaker for me.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
17-08-2014, 05:17 AM
(16-08-2014 02:29 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  So first college, then my phone wakes me up at 8am this morning, and a place I put in an application to not even a week ago calls and asks me if I'm available for an interview Tuesday at 9am. Of course I said yes, but I was very surprised. I literally only put in the application last week.

This is my first ever interview though because I am 18 and have always been unemployed because my employment game is really slack (means it sucks and my luck is that of a broom.) So I have no idea what to expect. I'm really nervous and paranoid about what to do, wear, say etc.

I might as well say I'm altogether a very nervous and paranoid person irl.

If all goes accordingly, I'll be working at a place called Chipotle, where I'll make burritos for the ginormous herds of Nike shorts-wearing white girls that storm the premisis on a daily basis. If I do get this job, I'll be pretty excited to actually finally start working, but I'll immediately have to start paying my mom around $90 monthly (an intro to bill paying/ making up for what we'll lose when I start working bc we receive stuff from the government bc we are lower middle class bums) which is a bummer.

Weeping

Any advice on how not to be a nervous turd when I attend my interview?

Look. Just be honest. Be warm, be friendly. Chipotle doesn't require a tremendous amount of skill to put a burrito together (chipotle is delicious and I always eat waaaaayyy too much of their guacamole).

Also, you have nothing to really lose. Chipotle is a minimum wage entry level job and there are 1,000 more just like it. so take chances in your interview. Say things that will make you stand out (not just the standard pat answers).

Ex. It was my first big girl job out of college, and I was interviewing for it. A favorite question for interviewers is "what is your biggest weakness?" Most people say dumb shit like "I'm a workaholic...blah blah blah. Or say something negative in a positive light.

I said, straight faced, "macaroni and cheese." After a pause, I added "I'm serious. I can't control myself around it. I will eat it until I'm uncomfortably full every time."

The interviewer started laughing and said he'd never heard that answer before. So I told him it was a bogus question because no one will ever be honest with that question. I told him I'm not infallible but I can learn from my mistakes and that's honestly the best I can do.

I was hired.

That's my advice.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
17-08-2014, 05:18 AM
(16-08-2014 05:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:56 PM)kim Wrote:  Sweet! Smile
Be yourself, be neat and presentable, mannerly, shake hands upon entering, make eye contact, don't squirm in your chair, cross ankles - not knees, hands comfortably on arm rests or in lap - no clenched fists, relax... YOU BELONG THERE... or they wouldn't have called you. Listen to what they say and respond to their questions honestly and briefly and yes, smile - think about us if it makes you smile - no wait, fuck that - think about good shit - resist the urge to say shit and/or fuck at all costs. If you must scream, do it inside your mind - otherwise, it's just weird. At some point, they will ask you if you have any questions, just to see how on the ball you might be. You might ask about their ability to schedule around your schooling, ask about health insurance, and don't forget to ask about your pay rate. Shake hands again upon exiting, while thanking them for the opportunity to meet.

This, this is why women scare the shit outta me and the matriarchy is inevitable. What I did before an interview was sniff my armpits to make sure I didn't stink.

That's called a "smellfie"

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
17-08-2014, 10:55 AM
(17-08-2014 05:18 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 05:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This, this is why women scare the shit outta me and the matriarchy is inevitable. What I did before an interview was sniff my armpits to make sure I didn't stink.

That's called a "smellfie"

I don't know whether to groan over this or run for the eye bleach.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?