My first job interview help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2014, 06:14 AM
RE: My first job interview help
(17-08-2014 10:55 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 05:18 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  That's called a "smellfie"

I don't know whether to groan over this or run for the eye bleach.

Hehe

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!! ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup

Smell those pits and be polite...don't talk to the interviewer like you talk to us. Tongue

You got this! HeartHeartHeartHeart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-08-2014, 08:50 PM
(17-08-2014 04:28 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 08:03 PM)kim Wrote:  Meh, pit hair isn't a big deal in some countries and cultures. Cleanliness is really the most universally important aspect of an armpit. Drinking Beverage

It's pretty hard to keep clean when it's hairy. Pit hair is a deal breaker for me.

Does this mean you shave your pits, DT? Interesting, very interesting Consider don't know that I've met a man before who does (that I'm aware of).

Good luck, Ferdi!!! U got this Flex

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
19-08-2014, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2014 07:35 AM by DeepThought.)
Re: RE: My first job interview help
(18-08-2014 08:50 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 04:28 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  It's pretty hard to keep clean when it's hairy. Pit hair is a deal breaker for me.

Does this mean you shave your pits, DT? Interesting, very interesting Consider don't know that I've met a man before who does (that I'm aware of).

Good luck, Ferdi!!! U got this Flex

Do you live in a country town or something? Maybe a French or Italian farming colony? Tongue

U got this Ferdi... if you shave that pit hair!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
19-08-2014, 09:26 AM
The interview went pretty well. I was nervous but confident. I was interviewed with another woman that was being interviewed. She was a single mother and as two of the managers simultaneously interviewed us, she gave good answers, but she interrupted me a lot while I was answering and I think that irritated the managers. I think I gave really good answers. I talked about my interests and college, and at the end of the interview I reflected some of the questions they had asked us back to them ("How do you handle stress?") which sort of caught them off and one of the managers had a little trouble answering the question as well.

The second interview is by phone, so if I get a call I most likely have the job. If I don't they'll email me and tell me so I'm not waiting and waiting.

I went to a hardcore show last night and one of my friends from high school who works there gets paid $8 an hour (he has since his first day) and he thinks I'll get the job because they pretty much hire anybody.

Even if I don't get this job, I think I'll be more confident in future interviews because I'll know what to expect.

Big Grin
[+] 8 users Like Ferdinand's post
19-08-2014, 10:02 AM
(19-08-2014 09:26 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  The interview went pretty well. I was nervous but confident. I was interviewed with another woman that was being interviewed. She was a single mother and as two of the managers simultaneously interviewed us, she gave good answers, but she interrupted me a lot while I was answering and I think that irritated the managers. I think I gave really good answers. I talked about my interests and college, and at the end of the interview I reflected some of the questions they had asked us back to them ("How do you handle stress?") which sort of caught them off and one of the managers had a little trouble answering the question as well.

The second interview is by phone, so if I get a call I most likely have the job. If I don't they'll email me and tell me so I'm not waiting and waiting.

I went to a hardcore show last night and one of my friends from high school who works there gets paid $8 an hour (he has since his first day) and he thinks I'll get the job because they pretty much hire anybody.

Even if I don't get this job, I think I'll be more confident in future interviews because I'll know what to expect.

Big Grin

Well done. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Show up 15 minutes early...any earlier and employers may get bothered because they probably have other stuff to do. (I've interviewed people and we hate when they show up like 20 or 30 minutes early).

Be confident, but not cocky. Try to strongly believe yourself that you would be an asset to the company. If you strongly believe this (iow have self confidence) then it will show and they will want you.

Personality is very important. Show you are attentive, polite, considerate, and NOT rude. If I recall, "studies" show that most employers (managers) tend to hire employees that they would like to hang out with outside of work (i.e. compatible personalities).

pre-meditation may help....and what I mean by that is just calming the eff down and thinking, "I will just do my best, but either way, this will either be a great learning experience, or a great opportunity." No matter what, all you can do is do your best.

Questions for them are definitely important. Just make sure you aren't asking things you could have easily looked up yourself, or asking things that make you look high-maintenance.

Good luck!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
19-08-2014, 10:44 AM
As I was writing that I thought, "hmm, what if she already went through the interview and I'm just writing this way too late."

And.....yup. Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
19-08-2014, 02:10 PM
For the record, I shave my pits.

Why? Because the more surface area you have for sweat to cling to, the more smelly your pit area can be. All the surface of pit hair creates a big smelly trap! Plus I think armpit hair is ugly.

[+] 4 users Like Adrianime's post
20-08-2014, 02:07 AM
(16-08-2014 02:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You pretty much have the job. Just don't take a crap on the floor or something like that. Go in and be yourself.

I have an image in my head of Amber dropping her pants and trying to shit on the poor boss' cat.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post