My first job interview help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2014, 08:43 AM
RE: My first job interview help
When I worked at JJs I knew whether somebody would get hired or not as soon as they dropped off their application. At a basic part time job like that, you just need to not look a drug addict, but even then sometimes you'll get hired...

Anyway,
I hope you hear back soon!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
20-08-2014, 09:15 AM
(19-08-2014 09:26 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I went to a hardcore show last night and one of my friends from high school who works there gets paid $8 an hour (he has since his first day) and he thinks I'll get the job because they pretty much hire anybody.

Is... is that good?

That would be well below minimum wage anywhere in Canada...

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
20-08-2014, 11:16 AM
$8/hr is plenty Thumbsup, especially for an entry level, no school necessary position.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
20-08-2014, 07:15 PM
It's like most any test. You figure out what they want you to say, you go in confidently and parrot it to them and act professional and interested (not interesting...unless you're a lady going for a a raunchy job) then you got it. If you followed that advice and didn't get it, you weren't being seriously considered, they hired from within and were obligated to conduct interviews as a matter of law or company policy.

20-08-2014, 07:26 PM
(20-08-2014 09:15 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 09:26 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I went to a hardcore show last night and one of my friends from high school who works there gets paid $8 an hour (he has since his first day) and he thinks I'll get the job because they pretty much hire anybody.

Is... is that good?

That would be well below minimum wage anywhere in Canada...

Considering legendoflink only gets paid $7.25 at her current job, I think it's quite good.