My first mock scientific paper

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 12:44 PM
My first mock scientific paper
I want to do my first mock one, but I don't know what to do it on. I live next to geese so I can do an experiment with them, like on behavior, or I can do it on some weird bugs that live around my neighborhood. I don't know, you guys have any ideas?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: My first mock scientific paper
(02-04-2014 12:44 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I want to do my first mock one, but I don't know what to do it on. I live next to geese so I can do an experiment with them, like on behavior, or I can do it on some weird bugs that live around my neighborhood. I don't know, you guys have any ideas?

Build a bunch of big Skinner boxes and condition the geese!

You know you want to!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-04-2014, 12:50 PM
(02-04-2014 12:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 12:44 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I want to do my first mock one, but I don't know what to do it on. I live next to geese so I can do an experiment with them, like on behavior, or I can do it on some weird bugs that live around my neighborhood. I don't know, you guys have any ideas?

Build a bunch of big Skinner boxes and condition the geese!

You know you want to!

Actually I wanted to see the intellegence and recognition of humans to geese if they visit them daily. First week I would come every day with food, then the next week randomly I will go there with or without food. It is to see if I can gain trust and weather the canada goose is actually smart enough to recognize me.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-04-2014, 12:54 PM
(02-04-2014 12:50 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 12:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Build a bunch of big Skinner boxes and condition the geese!

You know you want to!

Actually I wanted to see the intellegence and recognition of humans to geese if they visit them daily. First week I would come every day with food, then the next week randomly I will go there with or without food. It is to see if I can gain trust and weather the canada goose is actually smart enough to recognize me.

... Where's the fun in animal studies if you don't put them in a box and condition them to do things?

Is it so wrong what I want to see an animal conditioned to the point of autocannibalism?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
02-04-2014, 12:58 PM
(02-04-2014 12:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 12:50 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Actually I wanted to see the intellegence and recognition of humans to geese if they visit them daily. First week I would come every day with food, then the next week randomly I will go there with or without food. It is to see if I can gain trust and weather the canada goose is actually smart enough to recognize me.

... Where's the fun in animal studies if you don't put them in a box and condition them to do things?

Is it so wrong what I want to see an animal conditioned to the point of autocannibalism?

Yes actually, I want it to be something that is humane and cool.

02-04-2014, 01:02 PM
But would they recognize you or just that you're human? Consider

Atir aissom atir imon
02-04-2014, 01:06 PM
(02-04-2014 01:02 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  But would they recognize you or just that you're human? Consider

That is the point. I hypothesis they will recognize me, because I bring food. This is also I some times I will and will not bring food. It is to show if they trust me or not when I come near.

02-04-2014, 01:08 PM
(02-04-2014 01:06 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 01:02 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  But would they recognize you or just that you're human? Consider

That is the point. I hypothesis they will recognize me, because I bring food. This is also I some times I will and will not bring food. It is to show if they trust me or not when I come near.

That's not what I'm saying.

Are you conditioning them to trust humans or yourself. You'll need to test this with other people and see if they react differently.

Atir aissom atir imon
02-04-2014, 01:10 PM
(02-04-2014 01:08 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 01:06 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  That is the point. I hypothesis they will recognize me, because I bring food. This is also I some times I will and will not bring food. It is to show if they trust me or not when I come near.

That's not what I'm saying.

Are you conditioning them to trust humans or yourself. You'll need to test this with other people and see if they react differently.

That is something I haven't thought of. Maybe I will one day drag my friend along with food when I have none.

02-04-2014, 01:13 PM
(02-04-2014 01:10 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 01:08 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  That's not what I'm saying.

That is something I haven't thought of. Maybe I will one day drag my friend along with food when I have none.

You'd probably need to test it more than one day, and with more than one friend. Just saying Drinking Beverage

Not trying to discourage you; just saying go all out Big Grin

Atir aissom atir imon