My first mock scientific paper

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 01:14 PM
RE: My first mock scientific paper
(02-04-2014 01:13 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 01:10 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  That is something I haven't thought of. Maybe I will one day drag my friend along with food when I have none.

You'd probably need to test it more than one day, and with more than one friend. Just saying Drinking Beverage

Not trying to discourage you; just saying go all out Big Grin

I know I was thinking about doing this for two three months

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 01:15 PM
(02-04-2014 01:14 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 01:13 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  You'd probably need to test it more than one day, and with more than one friend. Just saying Drinking Beverage

Not trying to discourage you; just saying go all out Big Grin

I know I was thinking about doing this for two three months

Go for it Thumbsup

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
02-04-2014, 01:42 PM
(02-04-2014 01:06 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 01:02 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  But would they recognize you or just that you're human? Consider

That is the point. I hypothesis they will recognize me, because I bring food. This is also I some times I will and will not bring food. It is to show if they trust me or not when I come near.

Conditioning jokes aside, I think this would be an interesting experiment...

But I suspect that you'll have the same results as what happens with ducks: Let's say you have an artificial pond or lake built: ducks will home in and start living in the area. At first ducks will always tend toward avoiding humans like the plague, but over time people, especially children, will bring them food; this becomes and expected behaviour of the ducks. After weeks of humans throwing them shit to eat they expect it and will approach and human they see looking for a hand-out.

I'm guessing that the geese will eventually form the same patterns as ducks. I will probably take them longer than ducks, months as opposed to weeks but I see the same basic thing happening.

If you want to have a look at animals recognising specific humans, it might work and would be interesting. Consider Crows, ravens and magpies have shown the abilities to not only recognise specific humans, but also to 'spread the word' amongst flocks. Crows even hold grudges it seems. I wonder if geese can do the same.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
02-04-2014, 01:48 PM
(02-04-2014 01:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 01:06 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  That is the point. I hypothesis they will recognize me, because I bring food. This is also I some times I will and will not bring food. It is to show if they trust me or not when I come near.

But I suspect that you'll have the same results as what happens with ducks: Let's say you have an artificial pond or lake built: ducks will home in and start living in the area. At first ducks will always tend toward avoiding humans like the plague, but over time people, especially children, will bring them food; this becomes and expected behaviour of the ducks. After weeks of humans throwing them shit to eat they expect it and will approach and human they see looking for a hand-out.

I'm guessing that the geese will eventually form the same patterns as ducks. I will probably take them longer than ducks, months as opposed to weeks but I see the same basic thing happening.

If you want to have a look at animals recognising specific humans, it might work and would be interesting. Consider Crows, ravens and magpies have shown the abilities to not only recognise specific humans, but also to 'spread the word' amongst flocks. Crows even hold grudges it seems. I wonder if geese can do the same.

Yup going out right now to start my first day.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-04-2014, 01:50 PM
(02-04-2014 01:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 01:06 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  That is the point. I hypothesis they will recognize me, because I bring food. This is also I some times I will and will not bring food. It is to show if they trust me or not when I come near.

This I what was thinking Consider

Atir aissom atir imon