My first post :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2010, 09:42 AM

Big Grin My first post :D
My first post here! I found "theThinkingAtheist" on youtube and I have been pleased with what I've found! I attend a private christian highschool in Palm Springs California and I am the only one there who (openly) rejects their beliefs. (I'm only at this school because of the academic qualities.) I will post more.
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2010, 10:41 AM
RE: My first post :D
Glad to have you here, monsoonchaser.

*evil laugh*

Now we have an agent on the inside...

...excellent.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2010, 12:08 PM

Nice of you to drop in. What's that like "openly" rejecting their beliefs. Do you get demerits for that? I imagine you've got to walk a fine line in that setting. I like people who are fearless about the truth. Thanks for representing.
10-02-2010, 06:48 PM

(10-02-2010 12:08 PM)Grassharpper Wrote:  Nice of you to drop in. What's that like "openly" rejecting their beliefs. Do you get demerits for that? I imagine you've got to walk a fine line in that setting. I like people who are fearless about the truth. Thanks for representing.

Yeah I've gotten in some problems with them but most of us are still friends regardless of our beliefs or non-beliefs. One thing that really got me mad was when we watched "Expelled No intelligence allowed" with Ben Stein. I'm sure you all know how messed up that movie is. I will be debating one of my friends about Evolution and Creationism and will video tape it to post on you tube. Ill put a link on here too.
10-02-2010, 07:05 PM

Good--something to look forward to. I still haven't seen that movie but I can tell already it's gonna rub me the wrong way.-- Yes, there should be religious studies in school, but not in science class. Science follows principled methods unlike religion which can't and never will. I hope you're a good debater. I'm terrible at it but I love to listen and learn.
11-02-2010, 11:17 AM

Wow. Welcome!
I studied at a Catholic highschool being an atheist. I was actually quite affraid someone would find out I never even took communion and they'd either force me to do it or kick me out of there Tongue I went there cos the education (religious education aside) was rather good and I had my friends there...
I guess being a teacher has to be different! I mean, for example in my old school teachers had to read the bible in front of the whole school every morning and then make a reflection about it...
11-02-2010, 02:54 PM
(10-02-2010 06:48 PM)monsoonchaser Wrote:  
(10-02-2010 12:08 PM)Grassharpper Wrote:  Nice of you to drop in. What's that like "openly" rejecting their beliefs. Do you get demerits for that? I imagine you've got to walk a fine line in that setting. I like people who are fearless about the truth. Thanks for representing.

Yeah I've gotten in some problems with them but most of us are still friends regardless of our beliefs or non-beliefs. One thing that really got me mad was when we watched "Expelled No intelligence allowed" with Ben Stein. I'm sure you all know how messed up that movie is. I will be debating one of my friends about Evolution and Creationism and will video tape it to post on you tube. Ill put a link on here too.

It should be very interesting to watch. Expelled was one of the biggest pieces of BS ever created: I'd be interested to see your take on it.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply