My first trip to the US!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: My first trip to the US!
Come to Cleveland. There's not a lot to do here, but we more than make up for it in amazing food and booze. Thumbsup

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
04-04-2015, 04:59 AM
While here, why not see some of the fauna that lives in the U.S. as it is amazing. The most animal I have around my place are the common snapping turtle.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
04-04-2015, 05:04 AM
All you need to know about Boston: let someone else drive. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-04-2015, 06:36 AM
Thank you everyone for your tips and recommendations! Smile

I really wish I could visit other places in the US, but I will unfortunately have to settle for just Boston and NY, since my budget is limited (we're talking about around 1000$ for a little more than three weeks, which is roughly 50$ a day, but at least I'll be staying at my brother's so food and accommodation are taken care of and I won't be spending every single day out in the city) and I hear train and bus tickets are quite expensive (not to mention currency rates right now are not in my favor Sadcryface )

I will probably post again at times while planning the details of my trip!

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
04-04-2015, 07:47 PM
(04-04-2015 06:36 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Thank you everyone for your tips and recommendations! Smile

I really wish I could visit other places in the US, but I will unfortunately have to settle for just Boston and NY, since my budget is limited (we're talking about around 1000$ for a little more than three weeks, which is roughly 50$ a day, but at least I'll be staying at my brother's so food and accommodation are taken care of and I won't be spending every single day out in the city) and I hear train and bus tickets are quite expensive (not to mention currency rates right now are not in my favor Sadcryface )

PM me if you want some Boston tips. I live in Salem so if you decide to go there (it's a short train ride from Boston) I can tell you what to avoid! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
05-04-2015, 08:28 PM
(04-04-2015 06:36 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Thank you everyone for your tips and recommendations! Smile

MTA. This site might help you get around without spending all your money.

Really explore this site... I found the Maps tab extremely helpful. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
29-04-2015, 07:34 AM
So, I'm finally on American soil.
I'm still kind of like

[Image: K3Mo7ov.gif]

But I'm slowly realizing it.

WHY IS EVERYTHING WEIRD HERE.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 7 users Like undergroundp's post
29-04-2015, 07:45 AM
(29-04-2015 07:34 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  WHY IS EVERYTHING WEIRD HERE.

One never really stops saying that.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-04-2015, 09:35 AM
Have fun!
It is weird, isn't it. Traffic lights on the wrong side of the crossing, huge milk cans, and hotels all smell like this strange detergent that only exists in the US.

I've never been to Boston, unfortunately (I meant to, but I had booked a flight for 9/15/2001), but NYC blew.me.away

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 1 user Likes Alex K's post
30-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Apologies for the delay. The garbage collector has been on strike.

#sigh