My former boss's son passed away

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-12-2011, 03:32 PM
My former boss's son passed away
Many months ago I posed about my former boss's son, only 6 years old and dealing with a deadly disease. Unfortunately the news is not good and he passed away a little over 2 months ago.

If you care to read his obitiuary, it is here.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/publico...&fhid=8385

I am deeply saddened at the loss of a young child, but also as a parent, I cannot begin to express the anger, frustration, and unbelievable sadness I would feel if I lost my son, who is the light of my life.

I forget who said it, but to mourn the loss of child, you also mourn the loss of your own immortality, because through the life of a child, your hopes, dreams, and essence are meant to live on.

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2011, 03:48 PM
RE: My former boss's son passed away
It's painful to meditate on death, but it's one of the scientifically proven gateways to happiness.

I have a daughter, too, and I hope I never have to live through her death. But most parents don't outlive their children, so the odds are in our favor.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
13-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Yeh, where the fuck were you God???? You fucking heartless wanker Angry
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
13-12-2011, 09:01 PM
The loss of any child is very heart wrenching. So much potential destroyed by the world is truly saddening. Why would any god allow someone to die so young? A test of faith? If so, that god is a heartless monster and deserves no respect or worship.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaos MD's post
13-12-2011, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2011 10:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
GirlyMan wept then. GirlyMan weeps now.

But at least I got a face and a story for my tears.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-12-2011, 09:33 PM
(13-12-2011 05:03 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Yeh, where the fuck were you God???? You fucking heartless wanker Angry

I think this one advantage of being a theist: you can blame God for all bad things... and as they believe he exists they feel (a little) better, I think.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
13-12-2011, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2011 10:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-12-2011 03:32 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  I forget who said it, but to mourn the loss of child, you also mourn the loss of your own immortality, because through the life of a child, your hopes, dreams, and essence are meant to live on.

This is why GirlyMan weeps, ... but not only just for children.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-12-2011, 08:37 AM
He was a sweet boy, and any loss is too early, let alone a child. I was thinking that this proves that there is no God. According to scripture we die and suffer for sins of Adam and Eve. A God that would allow punishment on a 6 year old little boy, a boy that will not grow up to love, have his own children, see his own children grow is truly a heartless monster of a deity.

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
[+] 1 user Likes FaceOfBoe's post
14-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Make sure your there for them FOB. The worst you could do now is try to avoid them.

If there's something that I learned through my own tragedies then it is that there is no better comfort then people caring for people.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
14-12-2011, 01:53 PM
He will be missed by anyone he was around and his parents must be just devastated.

T_O is right - They do need your support and strength. From the way the obit was written, they seem to be a religious family, but pain has no faith or preference, especially in the face of loss. Just be there for them and make sure they are well enough to get past this painful time. Let them know you were also effected by their sweet little boy's life.

As for God; I don't dwell on something that doesn't exist... I think only humanity can sincerely comfort humanity.
Heart Take care, and take care of those around you.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein