[Image: E-Science.png]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 08:28 AM
RE: My friend is brilliant
although I've begun to see more and more of these lately

[Image: E-FSM.png]

I like the hand shake too but fear I'd screw it up and everyone would think I'm into canalbalism or something Hobo

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
07-03-2014, 10:06 AM
This one is still my favorite, hard to beat the T-Rex.

[Image: E-TRex.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
07-03-2014, 10:36 AM
(07-03-2014 01:38 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 04:01 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  Someone needs to write a book so that atheists (or at least free thinkers about religion) can figure out how to spot each other in social situations.

There has to be a series of simple non-religion related questions that people could try to talk about that would get you a good idea of what other persons cores beliefs and thinking flexibility are without 'letting hte cat out of the bag' so to speak.

Well it's really very simple. We all just need to harden the fuck up, realize that speaking out takes moral precedence over whatever social issues we're afraid of (including family reaction and job security) and be vocal about our non-belief. Not a single one of my friends or coworkers is unaware that I'm an atheist. Sure, I've lost some because of it. But the others have gravitated toward me, and some have even expressed gratitude that I was conspicuous because it let them know where they can go for support.

There's no need to have code words or secret handshakes or any of that bullshit. All it takes is the realization that it's perfectly fucking ok to be an atheist, and to embrace that fact.

We're here, and we don't believe in your god. Deal with it.

Same here, with exception of some family. I've lost plenty of friends, but if they were worth the friendship then they wouldn't have left. I still have some good friends from my church days. I know I can trust them with anything. It's funny, cause they often ask my opinion on religious/sensitive issues so they get more balanced view of the world. It's a good experience for all involved.

Atir aissom atir imon
07-03-2014, 10:37 AM
(07-03-2014 08:28 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  although I've begun to see more and more of these lately

[Image: E-FSM.png]

I like the hand shake too but fear I'd screw it up and everyone would think I'm into canalbalism or something Hobo

How'd you know about our secret handshake! Angry
...err...
What handshake? Angel

Atir aissom atir imon
07-03-2014, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 08:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-03-2014 07:49 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Good. Now we know our secret community has another potential agent.

As if you don't already have enough "secret" atheist agents. Tongue

(06-03-2014 08:10 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  We need a secret hand shake or something..
How 'bout a not-so-secret walk. Big Grin

Going on a billion and a half atheists strong and they're still doing it wrong. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-03-2014, 08:29 PM
(07-03-2014 05:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 07:49 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Good. Now we know our secret community has another potential agent.

As if you don't already have enough "secret" atheist agents. Tongue

How 'bout a not-so-secret walk. Big Grin

At least our US branch of the community is kinda secret society stuff, with many in the closet.

In China, there are 13.9 sites of worship with government approval, among them, 33 K Buddhist temples, 9 K Taoist temples, 35 K Islamic temples, 6 K Catholic churches and convention places, and 56 K Christianity churches and gathering places. But anyway this is a place of high non-religious percentage.

[Image: 88c25655jw1ee9ako5zmej20g407c0t7.jpg]

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
08-03-2014, 08:49 PM
(08-03-2014 08:29 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  At least our US branch of the community is kinda secret society stuff, with many in the closet.

You think? Silly silly boy.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.