My friend is in a coma and her mom keeps posting about god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2016, 12:57 PM
RE: My friend is in a coma and her mom keeps posting about god
Sad times indeed.

Her mother is just dealing with the situation that best way she can.

Pray is the least they could do. The very least. If we had a scale of things that could be done. Praying would be just above shrugging the shoulders.

Obviously her daughter is in the hospital and not at the Church. So at least there's that. I've heard to many stories of children dying because their parents believe pray was the only way to heal them. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
16-09-2016, 07:28 AM
Nothing to add other than this Hug
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
18-09-2016, 08:57 AM
So my friend passed away last night. This was the message her mom posted an hour ago.

"My sweet little girl D passed from this life yesterday and is Home in Heaven with our Heavenly Father. I am completely devastated but I know this is God's plan. She is Free. Her struggle is over."
18-09-2016, 09:00 AM
(18-09-2016 08:57 AM)jerseygirlar Wrote:  So my friend passed away last night. This was the message her mom posted an hour ago.

"My sweet little girl D passed from this life yesterday and is Home in Heaven with our Heavenly Father. I am completely devastated but I know this is God's plan. She is Free. Her struggle is over."

I am sorry to hear that your friend is gone.

Her struggle is over. The struggle to adjust to the loss is now for those who loved her.

Hugs.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
18-09-2016, 01:19 PM
I am sorry for your loss.
Hug
18-09-2016, 01:28 PM
I'm sorry, jerseygirlar. May you cherish the memories of the good times you had together.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-09-2016, 01:52 PM
(18-09-2016 08:57 AM)jerseygirlar Wrote:  So my friend passed away last night. This was the message her mom posted an hour ago.

I'm so sorry. :hugs:

You will always have memories of her.....for the rest of your life. Always.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-09-2016, 02:04 PM
(15-09-2016 07:31 AM)jerseygirlar Wrote:  My friend and I are pretty young (24F). I've known her since kindergarten and we were best friends on and off K-12. I've had pretty sporadic contact with her since high school but I knew she was into drugs. I had hung out with her late last spring and she told me how great she was doing. Drug free, starting college, living with family, good boyfriend, etc. So of course I was shocked on Tuesday night when I got a call from my sister that my friend (D) was in a coma from a drug overdose. She's now on life support.

Her mom is keeping in contact with everyone via facebook and many of her friends are from church and are very religious. I understand she needs that to grieve. But I'm just frustrated. They keep giving credit to god for her still being alive. She's a fucking vegetable with almost no brain activity. But don't worry because god and not the doctors will fix it. Those evil doctors with their facts and realistic prognosis. But why would a loving god rip away a young woman's life like this? I think atheism has actually helped me with my grief in this because I don't have unrealistic expectations that a magic invisible man will save her. I feel like I'm the crazy one when everyone is saying how they're praying for her and god will save her.

These are the two messages that her mother (L) has posted about D.

"Dear Family and Friends..my beautiful daughter D is in need of your prayers. She suffered a brain injury after being deprived of oxygen. She is in a coma now on life support. The doctors are not optimistic but all things are possible with God! D has been fighting these demons for the past six years. Some of you are aware of this but most of you are not. I've tried to keep my daughters addiction hidden but I no longer can. I just wish and pray that I can have my little girl back again. I love her so much. Please please pray for a miracle."

And than this one

"I want to thank each and everyone of you for your endless support, love and prayers. It has meant more to me than words can say. We were told at the family meeting earlier today that there was no hope for D. Defying the odds, the scan done late afternoon showed some blood flow to the brain. God is hearing our prayers"

And there's responses like this:
"L I just put D on my church's prayer chain. Keep the faith - God is in control"
"L if you have Praise and Worship music play it in her room it drives out the darkness and play it everyday and apply the Blood of Jesus over her Brain love You here for you"
"Today is the feast of the sorrowful heart of Mary. Cling to her and plead with her for your daughter!!"
30 years ago I lived in an older rental house along side of a State highway. Before I ever moved there thee had been erected a billboard that said "Don't worry God is in control. One autumn storm and that sign blew apart and half of it pierced our roof and destroyed it. We were church attending people at that point and it was one of many things that made me wonder if God was really in control and if so why had He decided to destroy our home.