My friend on Mental Disorders

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-04-2017, 07:45 AM
RE: My friend on Mental Disorders
Unfortunately, far too many people dismiss even the notion of OCD, usually out of ignorance of its potentially disabling effects that can curtail even the most basic of daily events. And also impinge directly on family and friends.

And having a few mental issues myself, I've lost count of the number of times people have said to me words of the effect "Oh, just don't think about it and get on with your life" or "Just write a to-do list and motivate yourself" or "Shit, there's a lot more people out there worse off than you" or the even more mindless, "Oh, I've got illness XXXX which is much worse than what you've got". Grrrrr.....

It's obvious your husband's friend knows absolutely zilch about OCD—as evidenced by his description of it as a "petty" disorder. I'd be telling him to stick his opinion up his arse..... and twist it.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2017, 06:45 AM
RE: My friend on Mental Disorders
I have had OCD for over twenty years but fortunately do not suffer from it as I am at the mild end of the spectrum. I have never been formally diagnosed
with it but know that I have it because of the compulsions I have with regard to performing certain tasks in order to prevent anxiety. The reason why I do
not suffer from it is because I am in control of my environment and so can perform the required tasks. Now were I not in control my OCD would be worse

A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply