• 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2017, 10:39 AM
RE: My friend was healed & I can't explain why
Yep, it's all in the head.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2017, 10:50 AM
You should feel a sensation on your stomach if someone lays their hands on it.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 8 users Like tomilay's post
07-01-2017, 10:53 AM
(07-01-2017 02:10 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  So my best friend used to be lactose intolerant. One of his Christian friends laid hands on his stomach, prayed, and now for the past 6 years I've been seeing him eat cheese, milk, and all kinds of dairy food with no problems at all. He confessed that while he was being prayed for, he felt some kind of sensation in his stomach. And now he's no longer lactose intolerant.
I honestly have no explanation for this. I know our bodies work in mysterious ways but this seems too coincidental. What do you think?

I was lactose intolerant in high school and slowly grew out of it. That's very common, it happens to a lot of people. It's no miracle.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-01-2017, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017 11:29 AM by Bucky Ball.)
When people "lay hands on me" I feel sensations too. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-01-2017, 11:50 AM
(07-01-2017 10:53 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 02:10 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  So my best friend used to be lactose intolerant. One of his Christian friends laid hands on his stomach, prayed, and now for the past 6 years I've been seeing him eat cheese, milk, and all kinds of dairy food with no problems at all. He confessed that while he was being prayed for, he felt some kind of sensation in his stomach. And now he's no longer lactose intolerant.
I honestly have no explanation for this. I know our bodies work in mysterious ways but this seems too coincidental. What do you think?

I was lactose intolerant in high school and slowly grew out of it. That's very common, it happens to a lot of people. It's no miracle.

You say that only cause you hate god and want to wallow in sin.

Big Grin

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
07-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Great god. Cures lactose intolerance but leaves cancer and MS be???

There's a sausage named after this stuff, baloney.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 8 users Like Banjo's post
07-01-2017, 12:17 PM
DT, you failed to mention if your friend was actively getting any sort of medical treatment that could have brought on this "miracle".
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
07-01-2017, 12:47 PM
I just CANNOT with this shit.

I watched a friend lose their FIVE year old daughter to a brain tumor. FIVE years old. This little girl was twirling around in cute dresses and playing on the playground and giggling when she started complaining of headaches and dizziness.

She lost her ability to speak, to move, her face was all bloated, she could no longer see well, and more. Her parents are Catholic and so they prayed and prayed and prayed while bringing her to the best doctors at Children's Hospital in Boston. Before things got really bad, they took their daughter to Lourdes because they were desperate for a miracle.

One of the last pictures her mom posted was her daughter propped up on their couch while my friend took her daughter's hand, put finger paint on it and painted for her, because she couldn't move or see.

She died at five and a half years old while laying next to her mother who wished desperately for some miracle to come.

You want to believe in a god that would listen to your friend's request to cure them of lactose intolerance while my friend's requests to "please, dear god, take me instead of my five year old daughter!" went unanswered. FUCK that.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 14 users Like ShadowProject's post
07-01-2017, 01:49 PM
If Christians (or any other religious type) could ever have been able to lay hands on someone and cause healing medical science would never have to had to come into play.

And while we are at it...if the Christians can heal in the name of their god why doesn't their lazy ass god just do away with disease instead of sending messengers to fix what he could have prevented?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-01-2017, 01:58 PM
(07-01-2017 02:10 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  I honestly have no explanation for this. I know our bodies work in mysterious ways but this seems too coincidental. What do you think?
I think you don't have enough data and medical training to come to any conclusions.
I think even a person with appropriate medical training would agree that not enough data is known to draw any conclusions.

A non medical professional with very limited data rushing to a conclusion of "divine intervention" in a medical case betrays either your own fears, your own hope for the divine or your lack of critical thinking skills.

Anyway, perhaps you are freaked out a little, all I can say is that you are not in a position to offer a qualified opinion on this.

This is why primitive man thought volcano eruptions and earthquakes were caused by angry gods.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post