My friend was healed & I can't explain why

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2017, 02:13 PM
RE: My friend was healed & I can't explain why
Fun fact: Drinking cow milk is relitivly new for humans. So much so most people's bodies don't accept it. But since it introduction minor mutations have allowed some to ingest it. Mostly those of European decent.

m.phys.org/news/2009-08-years-central-europe.html

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
07-01-2017, 06:48 PM
My friend was healed & I can't explain why
I can't believe that y'all just don't believe this with no evidence whatsoever.

You should say to yourself "Wow! Maybe there is a god after all. Just maybe".

I mean, the man can eat fucking cheese now.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
07-01-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm lactose intolerant. I have no patience for lactose and I won't stand for it either.
[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
21-01-2017, 02:09 PM
(07-01-2017 02:10 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  [...] I honestly have no explanation for this. I know our bodies work in mysterious ways but this seems too coincidental. What do you think?

No, for starters, our bodies no longer "work in mysterious ways". That was the consensus in Biblical times, or the Bronze Age, or even a century ago. Modern science has figured out just about everything that makes us tick—metabolically speaking—unless maybe you can cite research that would indicate we still don't understand lactose intolerance/maldigestion, or how to ameliorate its effects?

[Lactose is the carbohydrate naturally found in all kinds of milk, including human breast milk]

And yes; of course it was purely coincidental, and had nothing to do with the "laying of hands". I'd also like you to explain exactly what this means (to a Christian), and how it's done and the metaphysics involved. Does one have to be a 'gifted' practitioner, or can anybody do it with training? Does it always work, and if not, then why not?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
07-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Wow, your friend was lactose intolerant and now isn't? That's incredible. You know what? Your story reminds me of another miracle involving Sam and his mother.

The truth remains true even after you question it. Funny how religions don't want you questioning them. Censored
[+] 2 users Like BrianChariott's post
07-02-2017, 07:32 PM
Are you a doctor specializing in the GI tract/allergies? If the answer is yes, start a study to test the assertion. If your answer is no, I'd suggest you look into the history of miracle cures, conmen, fads, and placebo effects. There will be plenty of possible explanations there that don't include goddidit.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
07-02-2017, 07:57 PM
(07-01-2017 02:10 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  So my best friend used to be lactose intolerant. One of his Christian friends laid hands on his stomach, prayed, and now for the past 6 years I've been seeing him eat cheese, milk, and all kinds of dairy food with no problems at all. He confessed that while he was being prayed for, he felt some kind of sensation in his stomach. And now he's no longer lactose intolerant.
I honestly have no explanation for this. I know our bodies work in mysterious ways but this seems too coincidental. What do you think?

Jesus put his almighty finger up his "o" ring...he's cured now brutha...long live tha cheese, amen!
07-02-2017, 08:03 PM
(07-02-2017 07:57 PM)Ibelievecoz1dont Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 02:10 AM)DoubtingThomas Wrote:  So my best friend used to be lactose intolerant. One of his Christian friends laid hands on his stomach, prayed, and now for the past 6 years I've been seeing him eat cheese, milk, and all kinds of dairy food with no problems at all. He confessed that while he was being prayed for, he felt some kind of sensation in his stomach. And now he's no longer lactose intolerant.
I honestly have no explanation for this. I know our bodies work in mysterious ways but this seems too coincidental. What do you think?

Jesus put his almighty finger up his "o" ring...he's cured now brutha...long live tha cheese, amen!

if that isn't a troll im muslim selling pork hot dogs at the super bowl
07-02-2017, 09:24 PM
The ability to eat cheese is not a good indicator of a cured lactose intolerance. Most hard cheeses such as Swiss and cheddar have very little lactose.

There's also the possibility that the original so-called lactose intolerance was digestive distress as a result of food poisoning from old milk or other spoiled dairy product.

As a rule, medical "miracles" are difficult to sort out without knowing the full medical history of the individual, and in the absence of clear "before" and "after" test results I see no reason to take this seriously.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Is there a patron saint of the lactose intolerant? This is nearly as impressive as finding your keys after praying to Saint Anthony.

Perhaps there is a Saint Bovine that's not talked about a lot.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post