My frustration with "strong female character"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2014, 05:22 AM
My frustration with "strong female character"
In today's media why in order to have a strong female character does there need to be such a hatred for traditional female roles. Why can't the strong female character not like getting dirty? Or think pink is pretty? Have a love for shopping? Or squeal over sparkly things without being called stupid? It seems to me now being a strong female character means being a man with boobs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2014, 05:36 AM
RE: My frustration with "strong female character"
Penis envy Smartass

That ought to get the shitstorm going... Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
10-01-2014, 06:11 AM
(10-01-2014 05:22 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  In today's media why in order to have a strong female character does there need to be such a hatred for traditional female roles. Why can't the strong female character not like getting dirty? Or think pink is pretty? Have a love for shopping? Or squeal over sparkly things without being called stupid? It seems to me now being a strong female character means being a man with boobs.

What are you reading? I noticed in your other thread about Mary Anns you mentioned Anita Blake as one and she is exactly what you are talking about wanting a hard as nails female lead that is girly at times.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-01-2014, 06:22 AM
Me and Anita gots issues! She's psycho and biphobic, and has some weird ideas of exact what a consensual relationship entails.
10-01-2014, 06:26 AM
(10-01-2014 06:22 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Me and Anita gots issues! She's psycho and biphobic, and has some weird ideas of exact what a consensual relationship entails.

She is a borderline Serial killer with a heavy dose of dissociative disorder. As for the Biphobic she is dating like 3 guys that are all bi to some degree, she's just not into other women. Her sex life is so all over the place depending on which book you are reading. For dime store Monster and Magic stories they aren't bad, better than a lot of other schlock.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-01-2014, 06:32 AM
Some of her comments come off as biphobic. And it makes me think the author has never met a real bisexual or a poly person ever.
10-01-2014, 06:37 AM
(10-01-2014 06:32 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Some of her comments come off as biphobic. And it makes me think the author has never met a real bisexual or a poly person ever.

The character is supposed to be a little sheltered as far as sex goes. It's not the best element of those books which is kind of a problem sometimes because the author likes to have entire books that deal with nothing but Miss Blake getting her freak on.

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post