My fun filled night last night

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2014, 09:16 AM
My fun filled night last night
Man... I'm just blowing up the CC.

Anyway, many of you know that I have insane headaches that have baffled neuros for the better part of a decade.

Well, around 3PM yesterday, I started to get a headache. Didn't think much of it. It got progressively worse. I was supposed to stay late for work, but I ended up leaving at the normal time of 4:30PM.

By this time, my head had declared mutiny against me. I fell in and our of consciousness for the next hour and a half in my truck in my work's parking lot. This, of course, scared my wife to death. I let her know that I was still alive but really hurting.

I left work around 6PM.

Many of you know I live in Denham Springs, LA, which is NW of Baton Rouge. I work in Port Allen which is the city across the Mississippi from BR.

I don't remember much about my drive home except wandering around Port Allen and getting lost in North Baton Rouge.

I found a cop parked at an abandoned hospital and our conversation went something like this (from what I remember):

Me: Hey man, I need help getting home.
Cop: Where do you live?
Me: (paused to think) Somewhere in Denham. Across the Magnolia Bridge.
Cop: Are you all right?
Me: No. Having a bad migraine. Can't really think straight.
Cop: Sorry to hear that.
Me: Can you help me get home? I'm not safe right now. I'm dangerous on the road.
Cop: There's a clinic a little ways down the road. You can go there.
Me: No, man. I'm asking you to help get me home. I need help. I'm not safe to be driving.
Cop: Sorry, I can't leave my post.
Me: Seriously? I'm asking you for help. Please.
Cop: I can't. But if you take a right out of here and then take another right at the red light the clinic will be on your left...
Me: (I drove off without letting him finish and mumbling something about him being useless)

So, I end up getting home around 8PM. My wife gives me one of her Demerol from her root canal and my alarm wakes me up at 5AM. During that time I must have changed out of my work clothes or my wife changed me. I don't remember anything after I laid down.

So yeah. I had a blast last night.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 09:20 AM
RE: My fun filled night last night
To serve and protect indeed....
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
07-03-2014, 09:20 AM
That sucks. Glad you made it home that is a nasty ride at rush hour.
07-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Have they looked into Cluster Headache Syndrome? I don't know the details of your affliction, but it sounds a lot like what I went through about a decade ago. I started getting headaches so bad that I couldn't function. I thought I might have a tumor, or an aneurysm so I went to the doctor.

$200,000 in tests and 5 years later, I was diagnosed with Cluster Headaches. They are insanely painful. Women who have gone through natural childbirth and also get Cluster Headaches claim that the headaches are worse.

I'm no doctor, but it's something to look into if you and your doctors haven't already.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
07-03-2014, 09:28 AM
(07-03-2014 09:16 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Man... I'm just blowing up the CC.

Anyway, many of you know that I have insane headaches that have baffled neuros for the better part of a decade.

Well, around 3PM yesterday, I started to get a headache. Didn't think much of it. It got progressively worse. I was supposed to stay late for work, but I ended up leaving at the normal time of 4:30PM.

By this time, my head had declared mutiny against me. I fell in and our of consciousness for the next hour and a half in my truck in my work's parking lot. This, of course, scared my wife to death. I let her know that I was still alive but really hurting.

I left work around 6PM.

Many of you know I live in Denham Springs, LA, which is NW of Baton Rouge. I work in Port Allen which is the city across the Mississippi from BR.

I don't remember much about my drive home except wandering around Port Allen and getting lost in North Baton Rouge.

I found a cop parked at an abandoned hospital and our conversation went something like this (from what I remember):

Me: Hey man, I need help getting home.
Cop: Where do you live?
Me: (paused to think) Somewhere in Denham. Across the Magnolia Bridge.
Cop: Are you all right?
Me: No. Having a bad migraine. Can't really think straight.
Cop: Sorry to hear that.
Me: Can you help me get home? I'm not safe right now. I'm dangerous on the road.
Cop: There's a clinic a little ways down the road. You can go there.
Me: No, man. I'm asking you to help get me home. I need help. I'm not safe to be driving.
Cop: Sorry, I can't leave my post.
Me: Seriously? I'm asking you for help. Please.
Cop: I can't. But if you take a right out of here and then take another right at the red light the clinic will be on your left...
Me: (I drove off without letting him finish and mumbling something about him being useless)

So, I end up getting home around 8PM. My wife gives me one of her Demerol from her root canal and my alarm wakes me up at 5AM. During that time I must have changed out of my work clothes or my wife changed me. I don't remember anything after I laid down.

So yeah. I had a blast last night.

OUCH!! Damn. I thought my headaches were bad.Heart

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
07-03-2014, 09:30 AM
(07-03-2014 09:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Have they looked into Cluster Headache Syndrome? I don't know the details of your affliction, but it sounds a lot like what I went through about a decade ago. I started getting headaches so bad that I couldn't function. I thought I might have a tumor, or an aneurysm so I went to the doctor.

$200,000 in tests and 5 years later, I was diagnosed with Cluster Headaches. They are insanely painful. Women who have gone through natural childbirth and also get Cluster Headaches claim that the headaches are worse.

I'm no doctor, but it's something to look into if you and your doctors haven't already.

Yeah. The most prominent theory about my headaches is that I have migraines that trigger cluster headaches. My new neuro is trying a new medicine with me to see if that helps.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
07-03-2014, 09:36 AM
(07-03-2014 09:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 09:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Have they looked into Cluster Headache Syndrome? I don't know the details of your affliction, but it sounds a lot like what I went through about a decade ago. I started getting headaches so bad that I couldn't function. I thought I might have a tumor, or an aneurysm so I went to the doctor.

Yeah. The most prominent theory about my headaches is that I have migraines that trigger cluster headaches. My new neuro is trying a new medicine with me to see if that helps.

Let me know if you have any luck with whatever drug they give you. I have yet to find anything that is effective on my worst headaches.

Just anecdotal, but since I've started using a, uh, "natural" medicine, I've had less frequent and less intense headaches. Could be completely coincidental and it's not the reason I like the medicine, but if it is helping, so be it.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
07-03-2014, 09:37 AM
GaspShockingShockingGasp

dude...please don't drive like that ever again.....phone a friend, a taxi, some body, anybody. not only a danger to yourself but to others. Imagine waking up today and finding out you ran over a kid.....seriously....no more. Its not worth it.

I'd report that police officer, seriously, all he had to do was phone someone for you, call 911 to get you an ambulance, something.... instead he told you to drive off and put yourself and the public in danger. smh.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
07-03-2014, 09:38 AM
(07-03-2014 09:36 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 09:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah. The most prominent theory about my headaches is that I have migraines that trigger cluster headaches. My new neuro is trying a new medicine with me to see if that helps.

Let me know if you have any luck with whatever drug they give you. I have yet to find anything that is effective on my worst headaches.

Just anecdotal, but since I've started using a, uh, "natural" medicine, I've had less frequent and less intense headaches. Could be completely coincidental and it's not the reason I like the medicine, but if it is helping, so be it.

Nope. I've run the gamut of medication and nothing helps but Tramadol. But my doctors are stingy with it because they're ridiculous. Hopefully, this new preventative works.

As for the natural medicine, it doesn't work on me. Actually makes me feel worse. Although, Stark said he could craft a remedy especially for me that he believes would work.

07-03-2014, 09:39 AM
(07-03-2014 09:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 09:36 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Let me know if you have any luck with whatever drug they give you. I have yet to find anything that is effective on my worst headaches.

Nope. I've run the gamut of medication and nothing helps but Tramadol. But my doctors are stingy with it because they're ridiculous. Hopefully, this new preventative works.

As for the natural medicine, it doesn't work on me. Actually makes me feel worse. Although, Stark said he could craft a remedy especially for me that he believes would work.

Shocking

Sounds like I need to have a discussion with Stark. I'll be his guinea pig...

[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post