My future choices.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2012, 10:00 AM
My future choices.
I know it is very tough to become a double scientist, I want to be a biologist and astronomer, so why not combine the two?

You should all know that Astrobiology is the study of alien life in the universe, finding habitable planets and such.

This really fascinates me, and I've heard that there aren't many job opportunities available (as of now) for this, and there won't be until the near future. Whatever career I choose, I want to start studying it while my brain is still developing, so the knowledge will follow me throughout whatever profession it is.

I know we are finding more and more planets that could harbor life, I think I also read that we have sent radio signals.

I want you guys to tell me if I should pursue this. Or maybe I can study astronomy and biology, so I know about how things generally work on planets and in the universe.

There are two more careers not involving the sciences that I am thinking about also. I am fascinated by digital art, and I do some myself. I often do 2d animations also, but I love 3d animation the most.

I want to go to school for one of these 4 careers, and I am having trouble deciding which one. I think it would be far more productive for society to become a scientist and speak out and write books, much like Richard Dawkins or Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Although I do enjoy science and animation, I can't think of which one to pursue.

I can only expect the best of replies from you awesome people. Thanks.Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2012, 12:50 PM
RE: My future choices.
(13-10-2012 10:00 AM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I know it is very tough to become a double scientist, I want to be a biologist and astronomer, so why not combine the two?

You should all know that Astrobiology is the study of alien life in the universe, finding habitable planets and such.

This really fascinates me, and I've heard that there aren't many job opportunities available (as of now) for this, and there won't be until the near future. Whatever career I choose, I want to start studying it while my brain is still developing, so the knowledge will follow me throughout whatever profession it is.

I know we are finding more and more planets that could harbor life, I think I also read that we have sent radio signals.

I want you guys to tell me if I should pursue this. Or maybe I can study astronomy and biology, so I know about how things generally work on planets and in the universe.

There are two more careers not involving the sciences that I am thinking about also. I am fascinated by digital art, and I do some myself. I often do 2d animations also, but I love 3d animation the most.

I want to go to school for one of these 4 careers, and I am having trouble deciding which one. I think it would be far more productive for society to become a scientist and speak out and write books, much like Richard Dawkins or Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Although I do enjoy science and animation, I can't think of which one to pursue.

I can only expect the best of replies from you awesome people. Thanks.Huh

There are university programs in astrobiology.
University of Washington
UCLA

There are more.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2012, 03:14 PM
RE: My future choices.
Go for science. Take physics and biology, either as a double major or a major in physics and minor in biology. Then do a graduate degree in Astrobiology, astrophysics, or something similar.

Don't give up your art. Keep it as a hobby, something you do in your spare time when your mind needs a break.

Most importantly, be flexible, be willing to change and adapt based on what is offered to you. Your interests might change, so don't be afraid to move on if you find something else that catches your mind.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Future of the Mind Cathym112 11 254 07-03-2014 01:22 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  The future H2O2 5 181 31-08-2013 10:58 AM
Last Post: nach_in
  Preview into the future: The last Civil Rights movement 89ace 9 975 17-03-2012 08:21 PM
Last Post: Superluminal
  Sustainable cities of the future Peterkin 36 1,525 15-11-2011 07:11 PM
Last Post: Erxomai
  Future humans with algae implants could breath underwater Snuff 6 1,651 04-05-2011 03:45 AM
Last Post: Filox