My garden will be open for visiting Saturday, April 22 in northern California

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2017, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2017 02:10 AM by DLJ.)
My garden will be open for visiting Saturday, April 22 in northern California
I guess we have an opportunity for an informal meet up. I realize I'm not new and this isn't really an introduction, but it's a way for us to get introduced in RL plus I didn't really know where to put it. My garden will be one of four featured on a Garden Conservancy Open Day next Saturday.

https://www.gardenconservancy.org/open-d...a-open-day

They'll clip you for $7 but it's for a good cause. The GC is the largest organizer of garden tours to private gardens in the US. The money they raise goes to supporting a few larger gardens after they survive their makers. For example, in my area they support the Ruth Bancroft garden in Walnut Creek. Of course at 108 she may never actually pass away but I'm sure she is moving a little slower and can use the help.

This one is my garden. The name was made up impulsively and is a little regrettable.

https://www.gardenconservancy.org/open-d...-freakshow

If you do live near by or happen to be passing through, come see me. I'll probably hang out in the gazebo between answering questions. If you tell me your user name here I'll take you upstairs and make you an expresso or let the missus do it.

We've had so much rain this winter and spring, historic amounts actually. So most of the recent pics aren't in great light. But no worries, we're expecting clear skies and temperatures in the 70's this Saturday. Recent pics:

[Image: 32962154614_44e5b5664d.jpg]

[Image: 33275287703_279e8dfff6.jpg]

[Image: 33929839692_772850541a.jpg]

[Image: 34086590065_f48cc83832.jpg]

[Image: 33956552771_32fa3fba6b.jpg]

[Image: 34086139105_e7f8e0f889.jpg]

[Image: 33680616326_d2c4f2fa91.jpg]

[Image: 31283532390_21aef769ac.jpg]

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 15 users Like whateverist's post
17-04-2017, 06:21 AM
RE: My garden will be open for visiting Saturday, April 22 in northern California
Now, THAT'S a garden! Very cool!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
17-04-2017, 06:24 AM
RE: My garden will be open for visiting Saturday, April 22 in northern California
Absolutely gorgeous! If you weren’t 3000 miles away I’d go to your garden tour. Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-06-2017, 11:20 PM
Well that went well enough and I had a good time. Might do it again in a couple years. Felt good to get caught up on so many projects but I don't like getting so obsessed about maintenance.

Any how I met a nice guy from nearby Davis, California who writes a blog. He took a number of good photos and a number of people have told me his photos made them feel like they were there. So here is his blog account of the day.

http://www.succulentsandmore.com/2017/04...kshow.html

[+] 2 users Like whateverist's post
02-06-2017, 01:47 AM
That's amazing!

I'm in another country, but if I have my geography correct, my uncle lives about an hour away from you (give or take the wrong area of California lol). I'll send him the link and see if he's interested Smile

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
02-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Which other country, if that isn't classified?

02-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Wow, beautiful garden!! That must be so much work to upkeep!
02-06-2017, 02:40 PM
I'm in VA... I'd love to see that in real life i"m a Horticulture Major so. XD

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
02-06-2017, 03:26 PM
(02-06-2017 02:40 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  I'm in VA... I'd love to see that in real life i"m a Horticulture Major so. XD

If you get out my way you'd be welcome to stop by but I can also recommend other gardens you might like to see.

02-06-2017, 03:28 PM
(02-06-2017 02:28 PM)Emma Wrote:  Wow, beautiful garden!! That must be so much work to upkeep!

I did so much work over about 3-4 months to get ready for this tour. But normally I'm not like that at all. I pride myself in being a relaxed gardener. But you know, for charity and all. Plus I started getting excited about actually catching up with all my unfinished projects.

But normally I make one week long push in the spring before our annual studio/garden party and then nothing else regularly .. just when the spirit moves me.