My gay cousin is better than your God.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Rainbow My gay cousin is better than your God.
My cousin lives here in California and his parents live in the Philippines. He has made a good life for himself working as a Registered Nurse. He sends his parents money every month just because he can and wants to and he bought them a home out there. My cousin is also a gay man and lives with his boyfriend. He is not out of the closet entirely to family, however we all know. After the end to DOMA couple months ago and his boyfriend asking him for marriage he decided it was a good time to come out to his parents. He went to the Philippines and told his parents he was in love with a man. His parents said to him "Why are you like this? God doesn't want you this way, You are going to hell." No

This God fellow seems to always be somewhere at the foundation for intolerance, fear, hate, bigotry, suppression, etc. Isn't it amazing that a so called being the we cannot see, hear, feel, touch can have so much rule in our lives enough to make us disown our own children if they don't live up this invisible beings standards. Dodgy

Its scary, I know so many people who tell me God comes 1st in their life. How does something/someone that has no creditable, indisputable proof of existence get put 1st in your life, how is that logical? How is it logical that a supposed God should be loved more than your gay child? How? Dodgy

I told my cousin (who actually believes in this God that hates him) your parents suffer from a sickness called religion and I hope they get well soon. You are perfectly fine the way you are. Thumbsup

[Image: BMCz_10CEAAAG5S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like ashleypersuasion's post
03-08-2013, 01:32 PM
RE: My gay cousin is better than your God.
My wife is from the philippines, we've already had the discussion that we will love our children no matter what, as long as their relationships are honest and loving.

Her responses (in a nut shell) to some of her friends and family who disagree with her on the issue were...

1. She will quote the part of the bible that says something like "don't worry about the splinter on you friend's eye when you have a log in your own eye".

2. Unless you think you are God don't think you can know what God will do.

"I am a knowledgeable man, I have knowledge. If I knew how I knew what I know, I would know half as much, because it would be clogged up with where I knew it from...that is why I cannot always cite my sources. - David Mitchell
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
04-08-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: My gay cousin is better than your God.
It is much easier to say that God will condemn you that to lay your emotions on the table. They are unable to say I don't understand which might make them feel vulnerable. They don't have to think, just haul out some biblical scripture.