My grandmother died Sunday morning.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2013, 12:42 PM
We've been dealing with her impending death for a couple of weeks, so I had plenty of time for visitation and closure.

This is also why I haven't been around much.

Anyway, she and I were very close... so this is hard. This is the first time losing a family member, and I don't think it's fully hit me yet. The funeral is Thursday, and I'm thinking it's going to hit me pretty hard... especially being a pallbearer.

It's just a really sad time for my family right now.

I'm going to be dealing with this, so I probably won't be around that much... a post here... a post there.

But, I'm just too sad to actually have conversations. Moreover, me trying to be productive at work is futile. I've been pretty useless the past couple of days. I try to concentrate but my mind just isn't processing information like it used to. Luckily my supervisor is awesome and understanding.

I just miss my Maw-Maw.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2013, 12:45 PM
I feel your pain KC. I lost my grandparents a few years back. I was very close to my Grandma also. I even lived with her for a couple years.

My thoughts go out to you. Remain strong for your family and know they love you for it.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
26-02-2013, 12:47 PM
RE: My grandmother died Sunday morning.
Even though I'm repeating myself - I'm truly sorry, Jeremy. Losing a grandparent is really painful.

Give yourself time to mourn and hold on to all the good memories you have of her.

(I hate to say it, but the funeral is not going to be easy, but it may also help you a bit.)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
26-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your grandma Jeremy. I think its one of the toughest things that we have to go through in life loosing the ones we love.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
26-02-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. I remember when my grandparents died (less than two months apart). I was very close to them for many years and I still miss them. The world was better with them in it, and I'm sure you feel the same way about your grandparents.

It sucks and it won't stop sucking.

But, with time, the pain will fade and you'll be left with good memories. So get through it now, be strong for your family and lean on them for their strength when you need it too. Look forward to the funeral, to sharing your memories with others and learning of their memories too. It sounds weird, but try to laugh a little about the good memories - she would want you to.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
26-02-2013, 01:16 PM
I am sorry for the loss.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-02-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm so sorry KC. That is the worst kind of pain. *hugs*

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
26-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Yes, the funeral and after might be tough but also rewarding; it can be very much a release.

Since all the relations will be hanging about after, you also might learn from them & her friends, some things about Maw-Maw you never knew. It's always interesting to really know from whence you came.

She is and always will be part of the story of you. Shy
I was wondering Kingsy, how old was she?

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
26-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Sorry to hear that mate.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

26-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks everyone. Like I said, this is new territory for me, and I'm not sure how to face it. I guess I'll just roll with the punches.

And Kim, she was 93.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post