My grandmother died Sunday morning.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2013, 07:11 AM
RE: My grandmother died Sunday morning.
All the best.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 07:25 AM
(26-02-2013 12:42 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We've been dealing with her impending death for a couple of weeks, so I had plenty of time for visitation and closure.

This is also why I haven't been around much.

Anyway, she and I were very close... so this is hard. This is the first time losing a family member, and I don't think it's fully hit me yet. The funeral is Thursday, and I'm thinking it's going to hit me pretty hard... especially being a pallbearer.

It's just a really sad time for my family right now.

I'm going to be dealing with this, so I probably won't be around that much... a post here... a post there.

But, I'm just too sad to actually have conversations. Moreover, me trying to be productive at work is futile. I've been pretty useless the past couple of days. I try to concentrate but my mind just isn't processing information like it used to. Luckily my supervisor is awesome and understanding.

I just miss my Maw-Maw.

[Image: i_hug_that_feel.png]

Well, that explains a metric fuck-tonne.

On this occasion, I will relinquish you from your law.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
02-03-2013, 08:05 AM
KC,
Hope you are doing okay...I know this has been a stressful time with a lot going on. It's hard to find time to clear your head and reset when all around you seems to be chaos.

Thinking of you and your family.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
02-03-2013, 09:17 AM
KC, you have my deepest condolences.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
02-03-2013, 09:44 AM
I lost my Grandfather this last year. I can't say that I was as close to him as you were to your Grandmother but I have lots of fun memories of him and the family. Especially around holidays. Keep those memories close. Treasure them.

Friede

Just an outsider looking inn.
03-03-2013, 12:25 AM

Staring at eternity, our little lives are found wanting, and the truth that we only live to get to death is overwhelming. I'm sure from the other side, she hopes she's had some good influence in your life, KC. Because in the end we all want to have done a good thing. So, be that good thing for her. You know?

It's so very sad that you lost her, but I'm glad she had a very long life. I hope things get better for you soon.

Your Friend,

Ed
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post