My hangover is enough of a reminder of last night.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2012, 02:59 AM
RE: My sex life has become a total bore.
(17-12-2012 02:06 AM)germanyt Wrote:  ...
Why should anyone live in societies description of normalcy. Tell me honestly that movie didn't make you want to drink cobra blood and live on a pristine beach.

Honestly, it didn't.
I thought they were all fucking wankers.

I will be on a pristine beach over the new year. Dunno why, I really don't like anything to do with water and I don't like fish much.

But I stepped outside normalcy some years ago, after my divorce. I have no need to describe my marriage... you did that well enough in the last 7 pages.

That stuff I mentioned before about brain-chemistry and Transactional Analysis and the different categories of anger... I learned most of that after the divorce.

If I had understood it before, I might still be married.

Nope, second thoughts... If I had understood it before, I wouldn't have got married in the first place.

So here's what I recommend:

Leave her. It's not going to work out. You don't really want it to.

Your child will grow up hating you (being taught to hate you) but so what? You can have more kids.

Meh!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2012, 03:06 AM
It's the drinking.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-12-2012, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 03:39 AM by Vera.)
(17-12-2012 02:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 02:06 AM)germanyt Wrote:  ...
Why should anyone live in societies description of normalcy. Tell me honestly that movie didn't make you want to drink cobra blood and live on a pristine beach.

Honestly, it didn't.
I thought they were all fucking wankers.

I will be on a pristine beach over the new year. Dunno why, I really don't like anything to do with water and I don't like fish much.

But I stepped outside normalcy some years ago, after my divorce. I have no need to describe my marriage... you did that well enough in the last 7 pages.

That stuff I mentioned before about brain-chemistry and Transactional Analysis and the different categories of anger... I learned most of that after the divorce.

If I had understood it before, I might still be married.

Nope, second thoughts... If I had understood it before, I wouldn't have got married in the first place.

So here's what I recommend:

Leave her. It's not going to work out. You don't really want it to.

Your child will grow up hating you (being taught to hate you) but so what? You can have more kids.

Meh!
Sounds like someone's short on the spirit of the season, Xmas cheer and the like...

But this all reminds me why I honestly believe marriage to be an outdated, pointless (expect for financial reasons) institutions. The quiet dislike, the point where most of what you do annoys the other, the resentment, the pettiness... nothing is worth it.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
17-12-2012, 03:08 AM
(17-12-2012 03:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's the drinking.
Dammit man there isn't a TTAer I'd rather spend an hour with.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
17-12-2012, 03:26 AM
(17-12-2012 03:08 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 03:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's the drinking.
Dammit man there isn't a TTAer I'd rather spend an hour with.
Morality is the weapon of the woman. Defensiveness shows moral weakness, makes it appear that you are questioning the morals of your own actions. Drinking becomes an easy target, becomes a method of counting coup. The issue could be entirely unrelated, but if she feels morally superior from that vantage, that is going to be her base of attack. And if you both were originally functional alkies, and it is only you now, there is a different dynamic in play.

And while it is good to vent to a faceless Internet crowd, yer really gonna have to do some face time with a counselor. Gotta do some eye/body motion self-analysis, find out what areas are making you uncomfortable and deal with 'em.

And you probably should lay off pumping engine blocks for a while. All that testosterone ain't helping. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
17-12-2012, 03:31 AM
(17-12-2012 03:26 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Morality is the weapon of the woman.
I truly hope you meant his wife in particular, not all womenWink

Germanyt, there's something in the whole "too much exercise" thing. And people are right, it seems like you need to talk, alone or with the help of a therapist. Constant frustration (and I don't mean only sexual) is no way to live you life. Whether you can patch things up or it's gonna be a clean break, it really must be addressed. Otherwise you're just prolonging both your and her torture.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
17-12-2012, 03:36 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 06:45 PM by germanyt.)
deleted

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
17-12-2012, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 03:54 AM by cufflink.)
[deleted]

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
17-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Wrong forum

-Mark Twain
17-12-2012, 08:09 AM
(16-12-2012 11:31 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I don't know how to answer your question. I drink often. I'm an admitted functional alcoholic. I'm drinking a Jim and Coke as we type. But alcohol doesn't interfere with anything.

That's what all alcoholics say. Trust me, it is interfering with your perception and cognition. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post