My home county refusing to issue marriage licenses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2015, 02:41 AM
Rainbow My home county refusing to issue marriage licenses
Wow way to go Alabama

A run down of the story: Back in like January or February whenever gay marriage was first legalized in Alabama, several judges had heart attacks about same sex marriages being against their own personal beliefs. After the supreme court ruling today, the distribution of marriage licenses in several counties in Alabama was put to a halt. The probate judge of Russell and Lee county stated he was not going to issue marriage licenses to couples that went against his own personal beliefs. However, both gay and straight couples were unable to acquire marriage licenses. This caused a lot of uproar, and when WTVM posted about this situation on their Facebook page, many people were commenting things such as:

"At least Alabama is living by the bible standards! Way to go for the great state of Alabama!"

FUCKING VERBATIM I COPIED AND PASTED THAT

I am really appalled by such people and the actions of figures that should supposedly be distributing justice and fairness to civilians. All I have seen is discrimination instead.

Thankfully, the Campaign for Southern Equality line was dispatched to ensure that all same sex couples are able to acquire marriage licenses when/if they are ever turned away.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Ferdinand's post
27-06-2015, 02:49 AM
RE: My home county refusing to issue marriage licenses
Christians: Such loving, understanding, forgiving and accepting individuals, don't you think?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
27-06-2015, 02:52 AM
(27-06-2015 02:49 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Christians: Such loving, understanding, forgiving and accepting individuals, don't you think?

IGNORANT CHRISTIANS MAKE ME SO MAD

Like .02% of the comments are understanding, defensive Christians and it makes me sad that there are so few Christians (at least here) that are accepting and respectful. I'm happy that there are some Christians that are still kind to those who counter their beliefs, but it sucks that there are so few of those types of Christians.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
27-06-2015, 03:46 AM
I gather the religious right are moaning that their religious rights are being infringed by the new legislation. That's a fucked up mindset, since when does a right which would deny others rights even make sense
[+] 9 users Like adey67's post
27-06-2015, 05:42 AM
Who knew that being a judgmental fuckhead was a religious principle that needed standing up for?

I suppose they have to have something, since we made them quit burning witches.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
27-06-2015, 06:05 AM
Ferdy boy. You know by now they're a little slow down there.
Nice gay boys like you need to move out to California. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-06-2015, 07:02 AM
(27-06-2015 02:41 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Wow way to go Alabama

A run down of the story: Back in like January or February whenever gay marriage was first legalized in Alabama, several judges had heart attacks about same sex marriages being against their own personal beliefs. After the supreme court ruling today, the distribution of marriage licenses in several counties in Alabama was put to a halt. The probate judge of Russell and Lee county stated he was not going to issue marriage licenses to couples that went against his own personal beliefs. However, both gay and straight couples were unable to acquire marriage licenses. This caused a lot of uproar, and when WTVM posted about this situation on their Facebook page, many people were commenting things such as:

"At least Alabama is living by the bible standards! Way to go for the great state of Alabama!"

FUCKING VERBATIM I COPIED AND PASTED THAT

I am really appalled by such people and the actions of figures that should supposedly be distributing justice and fairness to civilians. All I have seen is discrimination instead.

Thankfully, the Campaign for Southern Equality line was dispatched to ensure that all same sex couples are able to acquire marriage licenses when/if they are ever turned away.

Is marriage between same sex cousins still okay? Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 12 users Like Anjele's post
27-06-2015, 08:55 AM
(27-06-2015 03:46 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I gather the religious right are moaning that their religious rights are being infringed by the new legislation. That's a fucked up mindset, since when does a right which would deny others rights even make sense

Since when was the state required to issue special rights to citizens based on their religion? The rights they claim are being breached don't even exist.

You have the right to believe whatever the fuck you want, that's it. Period.
That's the only religious right people have.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
27-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Excellent point man if only those tards thought like that life would be better for everyone
27-06-2015, 09:25 AM
Someone needs to remind these judgemental pricks that they are not elected to push their own personal beliefs onto the state. Positions of government are supposed to be selfless, not selfish.

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 3 users Like LostLegend's post