My home county refusing to issue marriage licenses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2015, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2015 09:42 AM by cactus.)
RE: My home county refusing to issue marriage licenses
Someone needs to remind these idiots that a marriage license actually says nothing about what a person may or may not be doing in the bedroom, or even their level of sexual or romantic attraction toward each other (shocking, I know). Just the concept of a celibate same-sex couple would probably blow their little fucking minds. They wouldn't know what to do with that, other than to pretend it's not a real thing.
If bdsm fetishists had to "out" themselves in order to get marriage licenses, I'm sure they'd be treated exactly the same way. What's the difference? The difference is that the bigot has been made aware of it. And apparently, awareness is synonymous with oppression to them. These people are fucking morons.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
27-06-2015, 09:47 AM
(27-06-2015 02:49 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Christians: Such loving, understanding, forgiving and accepting individuals, don't you think?

Don't forget law-abiding.
[+] 1 user Likes TrojanSpartan's post
27-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Ferdi, some time ago you wrote this post and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve repeated it since.

(13-07-2013 08:37 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I went to Subway today to get my favorite sandwich. The guy in front of me ordered a different sandwich. I was angry because he didn't get the same sandwich as me, even though it didn't affect me in any way.

THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE SOUND LIKE WHEN THEY SAY GAY MARRIAGE AFFECTS THEM.

Let it be legal.

Glad your wish came true. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
27-06-2015, 10:48 AM
I had a customer last might try to open this discussion, that the rights of Christians are being trodden.

Stupidity annoys the shit out of me, so he got an earful.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-06-2015, 12:27 PM
The instant an elected official decides bypass laws with their religious beliefs, they should be permanently removed from office.
[+] 8 users Like pablo's post
27-06-2015, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2015 12:46 PM by cactus.)
(27-06-2015 12:27 PM)pablo Wrote:  The instant an elected official decides bypass laws with their religious beliefs, they should be permanently removed from office.

Yeah, but that would mean an intervention by Big Fed Gub'ment, and we sure can't have that Laugh out load

This is the Unite-err, umm, Independent States of 'Murica, dammit!
I don't care if the federal government recognizes sinful gay marriages for tax purposes. It's still a states rights issue, because that's the only way that I can control it!!!
Someone please think of the Christians. Persecution! PERSECUTION!

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 4 users Like cactus's post
27-06-2015, 12:50 PM
(27-06-2015 09:25 AM)LostLegend Wrote:  Someone needs to remind these judgemental pricks that they are not elected to push their own personal beliefs onto the state. Positions of government are supposed to be selfless, not selfish.

LIKE YOU'RE A JUDGE

A JUDGE

You don't have a say against the Supreme Court.

I think it's fucking retarded marriage license offices were even closed on the account of this discriminating dumb ass.
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
28-06-2015, 02:22 AM
(27-06-2015 10:48 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I had a customer last might try to open this discussion, that the rights of Christians are being trodden.

Stupidity annoys the shit out of me, so he got an earful.

Kudos! You didn't get in trouble, did you?
[+] 1 user Likes Philanthropic Misanthrope's post
28-06-2015, 02:27 AM
In my county our prick county clerk said before the ruling something along the lines of "If gay marriage were the law of the land, I'd protect it. But gay marriage is not the law of the land, so I don't support it."

After the ruling he refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses even though marriage equality is now the law of the land. After a few hours I think he was pressured enough/maybe also got contacted by the same group Campaign for Southern Equality and he finally started doing his job.

So many monkeys in suits have been elected into office!
[+] 2 users Like Philanthropic Misanthrope's post
28-06-2015, 02:33 AM
(27-06-2015 09:47 AM)TrojanSpartan Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 02:49 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Christians: Such loving, understanding, forgiving and accepting individuals, don't you think?

Don't forget law-abiding.

Christians: Such loving, understanding, forgiving, LAW ABIDING and accepting individuals, don't you think?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored