My home county refusing to issue marriage licenses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 07:03 PM
RE: My home county refusing to issue marriage licenses
(29-06-2015 05:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I hope Obama sends in the army. That'll be a hoot. He could even dress them up in rainbow camo for the lolz.
If I was Pres that's what I'd do.

This needs to happen if only for the hilarity that would ensue on Fox News Laugh out load can you imagine??

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
29-06-2015, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2015 11:11 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(28-06-2015 02:22 AM)Philanthropic Misanthrope Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 10:48 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I had a customer last might try to open this discussion, that the rights of Christians are being trodden.

Stupidity annoys the shit out of me, so he got an earful.

Kudos! You didn't get in trouble, did you?

Nah, if I can pat myself on the back a little, I have some skill with the language, so that I can tell someone "Sharing equal rights with everyone doesn't harm you at all, now does it?" rather than say, "Why in the world would you follow the dictates of some goat-fucking ignoramuses?"

Or as Pa Thump used to say, "Tact is the art of telling someone to go to Hell, and have them looking forward to the trip."
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-06-2015, 08:35 PM
[Image: booker.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-06-2015, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2015 08:47 PM by pizzaqueen.)
But hey, in Alabama it's still legal to marry your cousin. Confused
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like pizzaqueen's post
29-06-2015, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2015 09:12 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(29-06-2015 05:00 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  I see a lot of parallels to Brown v. Board of Education. Civil rights can't be left up to the majority opinion, the government HAS to stand up for the defense and equal protection of the minority, otherwise we're no better than a theocracy in the middle east that forbids Christianity. Wish Christians could see/understand that...

This is an almost exact parallel to Brown. The rhetoric is almost identical, the reactions disturbingly similar. That's why I keep pointing people to The Southern Manifesto of 1956:

Southern Manifesto on Integration (March 12, 1956)

From Congressional Record, 84th Congress Second Session. Vol. 102, part 4. Washington, D.C.: Governmental Printing Office, 1956. 4459-4460.

In 1956, 19 Senators and 77 members of the House of Representatives signed the "Southern Manifesto," a resolution condemning the 1954 Supreme Court decision in Brown v. Board of Education. The resolution called the decision "a clear abuse of judicial power" and encouraged states to resist implementing its mandates. In response to Southern opposition, in 1958 the Court revisited the Brown decision in Cooper v. Aaron, asserting that the states were bound by the ruling and affirming that its interpretation of the Constitution was the "supreme law of the land."

We regard the decision of the Supreme Court in the school cases as clear abuse of judicial power. It climaxes a trend in the Federal judiciary undertaking to legislate, in derogation of the authority of Congress, and to encroach upon the reserved rights of the states and the people.

...the "separate but equal" principle is " within the discretion of the state in regulating its public schools and does not conflict with the Fourteenth Amendment."

This interpretation, restated time and again, became a part of the life of the people of many of the states and confirmed their habits, customs, traditions and way of life. It is founded on elemental humanity and common sense, for parents should not be deprived by Government of the right to direct the lives and education of their own children.

Though there has been no constitutional amendment or act of Congress changing this established legal principle almost a century old, the Supreme Court of the United States, with no legal basis for such action, undertook to exercise their naked judicial power and substituted their personal political and social ideas for the established law of the land.

(Bold emphasis my own.)

There's much more, but that's the gist. That language I'm seeing now about "traditional" marriage, the law of the land, and states' rights is appalling for exactly this reason. It's the same. And that bit about "deprived by government of the right to direct the lives of THINK OF THE CHILDREN" is almost snicker-worthy, if it wasn't rooted in such hostile, racist (in the modern case, homophobic) bullshit worldview. Even this current crop of refusals to obey echoes the "Segregation now, segregation forever" crap. It makes me embarrassed to be a Southerner.

(29-06-2015 05:00 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  I'm hoping all these partisan biased jerk clerks will end up getting fired and forcefully replaced by those capable of FOLLOWING THE LAW. So frustrating when Christians can get away with ignoring the law. Imagine if it was an atheist clerk unwilling to issue licenses to religious people. Discrimination is discrimination, period. I don't understand why it's so hard for Christians to think logically, I mean I know WHY (cognitive bias bullshit), I just don't understand. I couldn't be illogical if I tried. Why people so dumb???

I believe the actions of these Christian bigots borders on treason against the United States. I would love to see President Obama send in troops (rainbow-uniformed or not), as Kennedy and Eisenhower had to do... if for no reason other than to watch a Fox News anchor have an actual aneurism on-camera.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
29-06-2015, 10:18 PM
I'm for equal rights...but the only gay person I really know well, a cousin of mine, is super excited, and I kind of want to say something offensive to him because of his political-religious views. Last year the guy said I was anti-Jesus because I didn't support Obama - yes, he is a gay bible-thumping "liberal". He supports the government when it serves his various causes, and if you don't as well then you are not a Christian, and not being a Christian is bad. I never understood why he always so vehemently supported the churches that hates him so much for being gay. He plays the organ in the church. That's a joke that writes itself on two levels. Religion makes people twist logic to a level of infuriation. Most of the local Christians around here have been talking non-stop about how disgusted they are with the law, and wieners going into man-butt. Meh, whatever. People are people, and people are going to do whatever they want anyway. As long as it ain't hurting others, or preventing them from having personal freedoms then it's no one elses fucking business. IMO though marriage or partnership, or whatever else is a private matter, not a government matter. Scrap the tax books and start over. If I want to marry a man, or two it's none of you're god damn business, fuck off. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
29-06-2015, 11:24 PM
I just don't understand how a state could go against the US Supreme Court, no matter how much they disliked a change in government.

Quote:Crucial in this ruling is the fact that same sex marriage–now recognized by the SCOTUS–is not the only right the 14th Amendment shields from state-by-state prerogative and/or recognition.
Source

A number of probate judges are confused/ fear losing their positions because they aren't being given clear direction/do not know what orders to follow. But, I mean, making the obvious decision (the SCOTUS decision) seems to be a clear bet, right?

Not with Roy Moore spewing his shit everywhere.

Moore is now claiming this change for equality will send Christians into persecution.

Quote:“Just who do they think they are when one person can reverse 200-and-something years of precedent in our country and thousands of years of precedent in western civilization,” Moore reportedly said, adding, “Welcome to the new world. It’s just changed for you Christians. You are going to be persecuted according to the U.S Supreme Court dissents,” Moore said.

THIS IS HAPPENING IN THE TWO RETARDED COUNTIES I LIVE IN ALONG WITH THE RETARDED CONFEDERATE FLAG BULLSHIT
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
29-06-2015, 11:31 PM
[Image: 2e6760b1f308358d022681ffebe29deb.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
29-06-2015, 11:37 PM
(29-06-2015 11:31 PM)Banjo Wrote:  [Image: 2e6760b1f308358d022681ffebe29deb.jpg]

FUCKING RIGHT???

WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER IF SAME SEX COUPLES GET MARRIED

THEY'RE NOT HURTING ANYONE

Christians: Acceptance, don't judge others, etc.

Christians see same sex couples getting married: WOW WHAT THE FUCK THAT IS REALLY FUCKING WRONG HOW FUCKING DARE YOU I WON'T LET YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN FUCKING BULLSHIT BUT HARDLY EVEN FOLLOW THE BOOK I LIVE BY BECAUSE I LIE AND CHEAT AND KILL AND ENVY ANYWAYS BUT WHO THE FUCK CARES IF I SIN I'M NOT GONNA LET OTHERS SIN

like SHIT

Nobody is god damn perfect so who the fUCK CARES
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
29-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Big Grin RE: My home county refusing to issue marriage licenses
I LIKE PUSSY SO LET ME EAT PUSSY. I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN CHRISTIAN PUSSY OKAY. Angel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user