My husband found Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2017, 02:38 PM
RE: My husband found Jesus
(15-05-2017 12:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  As far as "finding Jesus goes" ... bastard. He told us he was going on vacation. Big Grin

He was too embarrassed to say he was going on disability retirement.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2017, 02:40 PM
(15-05-2017 12:54 PM)Miyazaki Wrote:  My husband is a good person, but he's fallen in with a bad crowd.

Could be worse, at least it's not Yakuza. .. Wait, is the church just a front for the Yakuza? 'Cause that'd be cool.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-05-2017, 03:46 PM
At least the Yakuza get paid.

Quote:The problem if you do stop supporting him is the church will use that against you, i.e. "look how evil atheists are, she shunned you!" Even though it's bullshit and Jesus didn't do jack shit for him, because people that are in that crazy mindset won't see logic.

She can't control that though.

If he decides to divorce HER that's on him.

It really is a nightmare. I would be fucking sick if my wife got jesusy.
15-05-2017, 07:12 PM
The picture is getting clearer as you are describing. I think this is all about job-related depression coupled with cultural unfamiliarity. Since you're doing a job, he certainly gets lonely while you're not around. And as you said yourself,

(15-05-2017 12:59 PM)Miyazaki Wrote:  We went back to Japan to visit last summer and he almost turned completely back into his old self while we were there.

I think the best solution would be to move to a city where there is a significant number of Japanese population and/or to get him a job AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
[+] 1 user Likes TheUnholy's post
15-05-2017, 07:30 PM
(15-05-2017 12:54 PM)Miyazaki Wrote:  My husband is a good person, but he's fallen in with a bad crowd.

But has he? You said it provides him with an opportunity to be around his own people and culture, and that itself is actually quite important for people. Could it be do you think that given the overtly religious culture where you live that you feel you've lost someone who you can talk to about religious matters? I haven't put that very well, but that's certainly a valid point, and I think you're right that you'll have a different experience when you're back in Japan - even if he stays a Christian you'll be back in a culture that's less threatening of your agnostic/atheist views.

Best of luck, I'm sure it'll work out. Smile

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Aractus's post