My idea about when we die what happens.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-05-2011, 04:47 PM
RE: My idea about when we die what happens.
Would you classify this in the Materialism category?

The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Here's what I think the afterlife looks like:

[Image: Black.jpg]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
23-05-2011, 02:17 PM

when you die what happens...

how about a beginner course before moving onto advance studies?
when you live, what happens?
gimme...

B. Christ' wrote:
Here's what I think the afterlife looks like:

it looks like a 2D black square?

(23-05-2011 02:17 PM)the_weedy_seadragon Wrote:  .
when you die what happens...

how about a beginner course before moving onto advance studies?
when you live, what happens?
gimme...
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 12:19 AM
The only problem with the reincarnation theory is that people assume that when "we" are born again ,for lack of a better word, into a new consciousness that we are bringing something with us. for some reason us humans are afraid that when we die we will be in a state of eternal nothingness. Here is my theory, for what its worth.

My theory: The universe must be infinite because of the fact that infinite mathematical equations do exist in nature; an finite universe cannot harbor infinite things such as fractals.
with that said, if the universe is infinite than it is possible that it is cyclic.

what if our specific consciousness that we are experiencing is just a stage in a cyclic reaction, and we experience the same consciousness over and over again for an infinite amount of time?

Please read past the fact that i said "born again" and the fact that i explained it as "experiencing our life over and over again", and please understand what i am trying to say. Such multidimensional thoughts cannot be explained in our language created for a society living in a set of limited dimensions we are experiencing.

I believe that the universe is infinite and cyclic.
02-04-2013, 08:11 AM
(02-04-2013 12:19 AM)abstractcousin Wrote:  My theory: The universe must be infinite because of the fact that infinite mathematical equations do exist in nature; an finite universe cannot harbor infinite things such as fractals.

Mathematical equations are entirely abstract, so basing the universe's possibility of being infinite on an infinite math equation is fallacious in the same way as assuming the universe is possibly infinite because we can indefinitely imagine the future. Perceiving infinity in a naturally occurring fractal is not evidence infinity is actually in that fractal, nor evidence that fractal will repeat its existence.

(02-04-2013 12:19 AM)abstractcousin Wrote:  with that said, if the universe is infinite than it is possible that it is cyclic.

what if our specific consciousness that we are experiencing is just a stage in a cyclic reaction, and we experience the same consciousness over and over again for an infinite amount of time?

By "stage in a cyclic reaction", do you mean one of the following?

1) one of an infinite number of repetitions
2) one stage within a single infinite fractal

Neither one is supported by our observation of fractals in nature.

The first is not supported by fractals' existence, because every fractal we can perceive in nature is a unique incidence within the whole of observed "spacetime" which so far we can only know we're in the process of perceiving for the first time.

The second is not supported by fractals' existence, because every "stage" of a fractal exists in conjunction with every other "stage", so every "stage" is an incidence unique from all other "stages".

Basically, we would have to observe the universe from "outside" it in order to verify/disprove the cyclic nature (assuming you meant one of those two conditions) of the universe. I'd say all the rest of us can do at this time is continue to wonder with you and wait to find out or not. Smile
02-04-2013, 09:08 AM
"We die" is an extinction event. "I" do not die. The wealth of my knowledge - a debateable commodity - derives from "life." Essentially, life is all that is known, and simplistically, without bound.

I say that death is the best part of life, but I'm a prophet, I'm supposed to say such things. Yet personal experience is not - repeat, not - evidentiary to the masses. What is, is determinism. 99.9% of what is "I" is determined by environment, local and temporal, thus any idea of "preservation of post-mortem identity" is ridiculous.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2013, 09:28 AM
[Image: 154097d1292210017-how-autistic-you-holy_...batman.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
02-04-2013, 09:49 AM
(26-04-2011 12:36 AM)Snuff Wrote:  The human brain experiences consciousness correct?

I have reason to believe that's not always the case. No

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
02-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Re: My idea about when we die what happens.
Nice work., just call it reincarnation. ;)
02-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Ok, this is what I think:

1. Consciousness is a part of the brain functions. When the brain is dead, consciousness, memory and everything is dead. Hence there can be no consciousness after death, and the person you were has ceased to exist alltogether.

2. In nature, everything gets recycled. It is obvious that your body is going to get recycled in one fashion or another.

Now, I always leave room for recognizing our limitation in observing and capturing stuff that exists, I don't really believe that we are advanced enough to be able to measure and label everything that is. We have come a very long way, but I think we have a very long way to go yet, too.

So I allow for the existance of "something" that is present and powering you while you are alive, something that is not your body and certainly not your consciousness which I consider part of the body as above.

This "something" would also get recycled as per the laws of nature. That would validate the OP's statements. However, it would only go into one specific life to power it if it were one unit of "something". If it is for instance something gaseous, it would disperse, mingle with other "somethings" out there, and new life would draw from this mixed gaseous "something" to power it. That would be more in line with nature, where recycled items are absorbed by various organisms and spat out and absorbed again and on and on. These recycled items do not remain one unit, they get all mixed up with other recycled items.

So, if we fly with the idea of "something" other than your body remaining after death, then most likely there are pools of it around and new life (probably anything from grass to elephants to people) can draw power from this pool.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man