My idea about when we die what happens.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-08-2016, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2016 04:21 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
RE: My idea about when we die what happens.
(17-08-2016 07:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 06:59 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Not if there are an infinite number of Universes and an infinite number of variants of those Universes.

You are still just you. What may arise in another universe would not necessarily be anything similar to what you are here. What any being might experience in another universe would be nothing like what it experiences here. The probability for that is a higher order of infinity than your infinite universes.

In any given finite amount of space there is a finite number of ways matter can be contained within it. Bucky, You are too stupid to understand this or the consequences of it so I am probably just wasting my time. Basically it means if there are an infinite number of universes whose physical laws are the same as in our universe, there will be an infinite number of exact copies of this universe.

Sadly there can be an infinite number of people so stupid like yourself that they would be better off eating a can of alphabet soup and copying what they shit out, instead of attempting to engage in what is an impossible task for you and them....composing an intelligent thought.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2016, 05:37 AM
(17-08-2016 07:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 06:59 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Not if there are an infinite number of Universes and an infinite number of variants of those Universes.

You are still just you. What may arise in another universe would not necessarily be anything similar to what you are here. What any being might experience in another universe would be nothing like what it experiences here. The probability for that is a higher order of infinity than your infinite universes.

Agreed. Another "you" in another universe is NOT "you". It is another being.

Consider the "infinite variants" part.
The "you" in the next universe (call it MV13) lives to be 100.
The "you" in the universe MV17 dies in infancy.
The "you" in MV319 lives a life of abject poverty.
The "you" in MV4830 wins the lottery.

None of those are YOU.

We are biological organisms. Our sense of self awareness is a direct result of the chemical reactions that occur in our brains. We are aware of our existence.
But it also means that we are aware of our future non-existence.

Religion is simply one way of dealing with the fear of death.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
18-08-2016, 08:21 AM
(26-04-2011 12:36 AM)Snuff Wrote:  In no way does this involve reincarnation because it's not transferring a soul or a spirit. It's hard to understand but hopefully I can get it across without causing a large amount of confusion.

The human brain experiences consciousness correct? When you were non existing (not born yet) you had no idea it's nothing, you don't remember. In my opinion the same goes when we die. We cease to exist completely and that's it.

Now here is the confusing part. You are born again but as a different consciousness without a soul or spirit transfer. It's simply another human (baby) experiencing a consciousness. What I've always wondered about is why am I me? Why am I not Jim on the other side of the country? What keeps me from being him?

So what I'm trying to say is, the brain simply is who we are which is obvious I know but for each new person born it's simply another consciousness born and since the brain is so advanced we can think for ourselves once we mature and we think that we have to be here for a reason and we wonder about what happens when we die and all of these things but in all reality we just die. It's simply like when a computer is manufactured... it lives (not technically lol) but it finally dies. Yea you can replace the parts but were not going to get into that.

Just say the computer dies and you buy another one which is the exact same brand... it didn't have a spirit or soul but it's the same computer. The computer doesn't have a consciousness but say it did... it would experience itself like we do. If taught a religion then it would believe but as it became more intelligent it would become an atheist Wink (haha) but in all seriousness what I'm trying to say is that we all experience ourselves and when we die we no longer experience (your name) When another baby is born that person is going to have a consciousness and so someone (being that baby) is going to experience themselves.

It gets harder to explain the closer you get to the full explanation so I mean basically that's all I can give you. If you can try and sum it up yourselves then go for it but remember there is no spirit or soul... your not going into someone's body after you die your just simply a new computer (human) a new consciousness. Since it's completely impossible to experience two consciousness (being two people) it seems possible if you get what I'm trying to explain.

I think consciousness is a type of biological activity and when we die it ceases just like respiration and digestion cease. Just like cell division and endocrine response ceases. As to why you are you instead of someone else, the reason is the axiom of identity. A is A and you are you and not not-you.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
18-08-2016, 09:02 AM
(18-08-2016 08:21 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(26-04-2011 12:36 AM)Snuff Wrote:  In no way does this involve reincarnation because it's not transferring a soul or a spirit. It's hard to understand but hopefully I can get it across without causing a large amount of confusion.

The human brain experiences consciousness correct? When you were non existing (not born yet) you had no idea it's nothing, you don't remember. In my opinion the same goes when we die. We cease to exist completely and that's it.

Now here is the confusing part. You are born again but as a different consciousness without a soul or spirit transfer. It's simply another human (baby) experiencing a consciousness. What I've always wondered about is why am I me? Why am I not Jim on the other side of the country? What keeps me from being him?

So what I'm trying to say is, the brain simply is who we are which is obvious I know but for each new person born it's simply another consciousness born and since the brain is so advanced we can think for ourselves once we mature and we think that we have to be here for a reason and we wonder about what happens when we die and all of these things but in all reality we just die. It's simply like when a computer is manufactured... it lives (not technically lol) but it finally dies. Yea you can replace the parts but were not going to get into that.

Just say the computer dies and you buy another one which is the exact same brand... it didn't have a spirit or soul but it's the same computer. The computer doesn't have a consciousness but say it did... it would experience itself like we do. If taught a religion then it would believe but as it became more intelligent it would become an atheist Wink (haha) but in all seriousness what I'm trying to say is that we all experience ourselves and when we die we no longer experience (your name) When another baby is born that person is going to have a consciousness and so someone (being that baby) is going to experience themselves.

It gets harder to explain the closer you get to the full explanation so I mean basically that's all I can give you. If you can try and sum it up yourselves then go for it but remember there is no spirit or soul... your not going into someone's body after you die your just simply a new computer (human) a new consciousness. Since it's completely impossible to experience two consciousness (being two people) it seems possible if you get what I'm trying to explain.

I think consciousness is a type of biological activity and when we die it ceases just like respiration and digestion cease. Just like cell division and endocrine response ceases. As to why you are you instead of someone else, the reason is the axiom of identity. A is A and you are you and not not-you.

Aw shucks. And here I thought I could continue to fart in another universe.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-08-2016, 09:38 AM
When you consider that any possible theory about an "afterlife" cannot be "confirmed nor denied" -- ALL such theories have exactly the same amount of validity.

I personally believe that when everyone dies -- they all respawn to the beginning of "Grand Theft Auto - Vice City".

Except for the Baptists.....

They all end up respawning at the last level of Doom III -- without any weapons or armor....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-08-2016, 12:47 PM
When you die, you empty your bowels.

That's all.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
18-08-2016, 01:20 PM
So every time I clip my toenails it's just an extension of me?

I've been living a million lives and wasn't even aware.

It has my DNA, it was part of my whole at one point. Dose that count as a second life?

And the infinite universe sounds great. But I can barley prove this universe exists. Let alone a second or third one. Even if a "version" of me existed in one of these alternate I'm not living those experiences. And they effect me just as much as if they didn't exist.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
18-08-2016, 02:09 PM
I think this is what happens.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-08-2016, 02:35 PM
(18-08-2016 02:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think this is what happens.

Gasp I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that pulse, because I'd end up without one.
29-08-2016, 02:30 PM

Wow that was a really long explanation there. But hey, yea i believe we humans are created and that's just it. We dont need to have to do this and that and follow someones tradition because we are given a life to live & love.

phen375 http://ohdivinehealth.com/phen375-reviews/