My image of God (short version)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2012, 09:10 AM
My image of God (short version)
The common view of the christian God (imo) is an all powerful, all knowing God. He demands obedience and respect and many other things. Everything is caused by Him, good and bad, for a reason.

I think this is wrong. The all powerful being is over the top.

My own image of God is a being that super advanced technology or some kind of super power. They did not create the universe, but they (more than one) can manipulate it to their own ends. God was never the creator, when he came into existence the universe was already there. He had the ability to change things though.

So god is just a stronger more powerful version of humanity. We were probably one of his experiments. Probably he has created many more (which is exciting). I like to imagine a collective group of these beings working together to create new worlds. God's place in this group is probably mythology, he goes to the new life on the planet and does some stuff; making the current life on the planet slightly more interesting. (again some of this may not make sense. please ask for clarification if needed)

That is who I think God is. Anyone want to share their thoughts on who this god person could be.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2012, 09:25 AM
RE: My image of God (short version)
I sincerely think there's no God,if you think he came into the existence after the universe it creates more questions especially cozthis god can manipulate the universe.
I hate not knowing the answer to everything and so does science when it comes to explaining the genesis of the universe but in this case i am happy not knowing this answer.I eliminate theories(even parts of evolution) and have decide to wait for the perfect theory.Right now my philosophy is accepting that there doesnt have to be a reason for everything...Cant we just be
17-06-2012, 09:28 AM
(17-06-2012 09:25 AM)Sirchrisnificent Wrote:  I sincerely think there's no God,if you think he came into the existence after the universe it creates more questions especially cozthis god can manipulate the universe.
I hate not knowing the answer to everything and so does science when it comes to explaining the genesis of the universe but in this case i am happy not knowing this answer.I eliminate theories(even parts of evolution) and have decide to wait for the perfect theory.Right now my philosophy is accepting that there doesnt have to be a reason for everything...Cant we just be
well we could, but I want to meet an alien race with complete control over matter in the future. Smile

seriously though, to put my idea another way, take all of the gods that humanity has ever produced and have them working together on the world. I think that's awesome. Hkwever again, the universe existed before they did.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

17-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Hehe..that would make an awesome movie or videogame
I bet Zeus could kick Jehovah,Allah,Krishna,Buddha and Joseph Smith's asses put together
[+] 1 user Likes Sirchrisnificent's post
17-06-2012, 09:38 AM
(17-06-2012 09:36 AM)Sirchrisnificent Wrote:  Hehe..that would make an awesome movie or videogame
I bet Zeus could kick Jehovah,Allah,Krishna,Buddha and Joseph Smith's asses put together
I dunno the greek gods spend so much time infighting, zeus might have some trouble dealing with everyone else.

17-06-2012, 09:45 AM
(17-06-2012 09:10 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  The common view of the christian God (imo) is an all powerful, all knowing God. He demands obedience and respect and many other things. Everything is caused by Him, good and bad, for a reason.

I think this is wrong. The all powerful being is over the top.

My own image of God is a being that super advanced technology or some kind of super power. They did not create the universe, but they (more than one) can manipulate it to their own ends. God was never the creator, when he came into existence the universe was already there. He had the ability to change things though.

So god is just a stronger more powerful version of humanity. We were probably one of his experiments. Probably he has created many more (which is exciting). I like to imagine a collective group of these beings working together to create new worlds. God's place in this group is probably mythology, he goes to the new life on the planet and does some stuff; making the current life on the planet slightly more interesting. (again some of this may not make sense. please ask for clarification if needed)

That is who I think God is. Anyone want to share their thoughts on who this god person could be.
Why?
That is, why have this conception at all?
What are you trying to explain with it?
What evidence of the existence of such a being do you have?
What is unexplained if this being does not exist?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2012, 10:00 AM
(17-06-2012 09:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  Why?
That is, why have this conception at all?
What are you trying to explain with it?
What evidence of the existence of such a being do you have?
What is unexplained if this being does not exist?
Well primarily I cannot truly believe in an all powerful being anymore. There may be a perfect one, but not one that is all powerful.
The one thing I'm trying to explain is maybe believers have somthing behind them, but it's not the thing they imagined. The idea of a race that uses technologies that we have yet to discover is a lot more plausible than a single creator. If one of those beings chose to show off their abilities to a people on a random planet, who is to stop them.
As for evidence, I have no physical. However if humanity discovered a way to manipulte the universe I think we would go down the same path. Creating and destroying. So there is a chance that a different race has done the same thing.
This idea does not explain away the universe. However it does show why so many imperfections happened. There was no single all powerful creator. We might have just evolved by ourselves. There is a race that can manipulate matter though. They could be responsble for other things.

(No I am not a scientologist, I'm not that daft)

17-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:However it does show why so many imperfections happened.
What imperfections? Evolution explains biological 'imperfections' quite nicely.

Quote:They could be responsble for other things.
What 'other things'?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2012, 10:11 AM
(17-06-2012 10:00 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  There is a race that can manipulate matter though. They could be responsble for other things.

I'll go along with this when one of their race stands in front of me and manipulates matter into a sandwich. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-06-2012, 10:21 AM
(17-06-2012 10:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
Quote:However it does show why so many imperfections happened.
What imperfections? Evolution explains biological 'imperfections' quite nicely.

Quote:They could be responsble for other things.
What 'other things'?
For the first point. I now need 2 dimes from you. *holds out hand* seriously.
The second point is since they can alter things maybe we may discover a world made of gold or rubber.