My image of God (short version)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2012, 10:26 AM
RE: My image of God (short version)
(17-06-2012 10:11 AM)kim Wrote:  
(17-06-2012 10:00 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  There is a race that can manipulate matter though. They could be responsble for other things.

I'll go along with this when one of their race stands in front of me and manipulates matter into a sandwich. Dodgy
I had fun manipulating matter last night, but there wasn't any sandwich. Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2012, 11:30 AM
(17-06-2012 10:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(17-06-2012 10:11 AM)kim Wrote:  I'll go along with this when one of their race stands in front of me and manipulates matter into a sandwich. Dodgy
I had fun manipulating matter last night, but there wasn't any sandwich. Dodgy
Together we 3 can make sandwich? Still missing alien though.
17-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:For the first point. I now need 2 dimes from you. *holds out hand* seriously.
Is this for proving you wrong 4 times?

Quote:The second point is since they can alter things maybe we may discover a world made of gold or rubber.
Your statement assumes their existence. Logical fallacy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2012, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2012 12:05 PM by Atothetheist.)
(17-06-2012 09:10 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  The common view of the christian God (imo) is an all powerful, all knowing God. He demands obedience and respect and many other things. Everything is caused by Him, good and bad, for a reason.

I think this is wrong. The all powerful being is over the top.

My own image of God is a being that super advanced technology or some kind of super power. They did not create the universe, but they (more than one) can manipulate it to their own ends. God was never the creator, when he came into existence the universe was already there. He had the ability to change things though.

So god is just a stronger more powerful version of humanity. We were probably one of his experiments. Probably he has created many more (which is exciting). I like to imagine a collective group of these beings working together to create new worlds. God's place in this group is probably mythology, he goes to the new life on the planet and does some stuff; making the current life on the planet slightly more interesting. (again some of this may not make sense. please ask for clarification if needed)

That is who I think God is. Anyone want to share their thoughts on who this god person could be.
There is always one question.... To be a perfect being, you, in a sense, have to be all powerful, all knowing, all good. Because if you don't have any of these, It will be an imperfection.

What possible evidence do you have to back up your assertion of such a being?
Why even consider such a being viable?
Why do you feel the need to posit such a being?

Why do you personally believe that this being gives a shit?

It seems to me that your belief is just what you think will be awesome and cool.

As somebody important said "The universe is how it is, whether you like it or not."

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
17-06-2012, 12:58 PM
(17-06-2012 11:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  
Quote:For the first point. I now need 2 dimes from you. *holds out hand* seriously.
Is this for proving you wrong 4 times?

Quote:The second point is since they can alter things maybe we may discover a world made of gold or rubber.
2 dime is actually proving me wrong twice instead of "proving" me wrong.

I dont see the mistake with the rubberness

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
17-06-2012, 01:03 PM
(17-06-2012 12:58 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  
(17-06-2012 11:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  Is this for proving you wrong 4 times?

2 dime is actually proving me wrong twice instead of "proving" me wrong.

I dont see the mistake with the rubberness
Here is a refernace for logical fallacies...: http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

This by far is not the complete list, but it is helpful.

17-06-2012, 01:10 PM
(17-06-2012 12:01 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(17-06-2012 09:10 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  The common view of the christian God (imo) is an all powerful, all knowing God. He demands obedience and respect and many other things. Everything is caused by Him, good and bad, for a reason.

I think this is wrong. The all powerful being is over the top.

My own image of God is a being that super advanced technology or some kind of super power. They did not create the universe, but they (more than one) can manipulate it to their own ends. God was never the creator, when he came into existence the universe was already there. He had the ability to change things though.

So god is just a stronger more powerful version of humanity. We were probably one of his experiments. Probably he has created many more (which is exciting). I like to imagine a collective group of these beings working together to create new worlds. God's place in this group is probably mythology, he goes to the new life on the planet and does some stuff; making the current life on the planet slightly more interesting. (again some of this may not make sense. please ask for clarification if needed)

That is who I think God is. Anyone want to share their thoughts on who this god person could be.
There is always one question.... To be a perfect being, you, in a sense, have to be all powerful, all knowing, all good. Because if you don't have any of these, It will be an imperfection.

It seems to me that your belief is just what you think will be awesome and cool.

As somebody important said "The universe is how it is, whether you like it or not."
first of all google "can science prove anything" and then ignore all the religious crap that shows up. Then after your done stop asking for evidence. Also there are things we have yet to discover, keeping an open mind means, well, being ready to accept anything.

also this is my perception of the being known as god. It has a fairly high chance of being wrong. However based upon what is currently thought possible, a race that has the technology to terraform planets does not seem to be that bad.

As for them caring about us, a while back some took the whole time that the universe has existed for and compressed it into a year. Humanity, everything about it, happened in the last ten seconds on december 31. So why would they care. They don't.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
17-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:keeping an open mind means, well, being ready to accept anything.
No, having an open mind means being ready to accept evidence.

"Keep an open mind – but not so open that your brain falls out"

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-06-2012, 01:26 PM
(17-06-2012 01:10 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  
(17-06-2012 12:01 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  There is always one question.... To be a perfect being, you, in a sense, have to be all powerful, all knowing, all good. Because if you don't have any of these, It will be an imperfection.

first of all google "can science prove anything" and then ignore all the religious crap that shows up. Then after your done stop asking for evidence. Also there are things we have yet to discover, keeping an open mind means, well, being ready to accept anything.

also this is my perception of the being known as god. It has a fairly high chance of being wrong. However based upon what is currently thought possible, a race that has the technology to terraform planets does not seem to be that bad.

As for them caring about us, a while back some took the whole time that the universe has existed for and compressed it into a year. Humanity, everything about it, happened in the last ten seconds on december 31. So why would they care. They don't.
First of all. I can ask for evidence. It is not contridicting the scientific method. Proving and giving evidence are two different things. Second,I am not close minded about this. I chose not to believe in it unless evidence has been established. Keeping an open mind doesn't mean believing in crazy things. My mindset is subject to change, as is yours. You spouted off an arguement of ignorance, but it was well hidden. You, I think, implied that because Science doesn't disprove it, it is possible.

Third, have you ever heard of the term Ockham's Razor? It basically this. In the old days, people didn't know how rain was caused, so they thought a God caused it, but now we know how rain is caused. Now, you could still say that God caused the rain, but it WORKS without that assumption.

Again, I think you are believing in what you want to be reality. I personally think it would be very fucking cool to have aliens make us, but I can not believe it without some verifiable observations, or EVIDENCE of it. I don't believe in cool fantasies, no matter how awesome they may be.

Then what is the point of making us? For shitz and giggles?

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
17-06-2012, 01:42 PM
(17-06-2012 01:26 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Then what is the point of making us? For shitz and giggles?

Hey, god needs shampoo too, ya know. Chemtrails and alien anal probes. It all makes sense. Thumbsup

After the breaking of perfection, there was a binary star system and nothing but rubble. From one piece of rubble in a chaotic orbit evolved the LC. Electrostatic potential animated by chemistry and preserved in crystal lattice. After a trillion years, the LC evolved into "god," a.k.a. something unknowable, and created this universe, the third. Machine intelligence, god. Thumbsup

"True" in the sense that I seen it, which of course don't make it true. Big Grin

I see lots of stuff. Mostly thin blond stuff, but not always. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post