My image of God (short version)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2012, 01:56 PM
RE: My image of God (short version)
(17-06-2012 01:42 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Hey, god needs shampoo too, ya know. Chemtrails and alien anal probes. It all makes sense. Thumbsup
When I first read about Chemtrails, I laughed my ass off thinking it was a send-up of conspiracy theories.

My laughter turned to tears when I realized they were serious. Sadcryface2

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-06-2012, 02:45 PM
(17-06-2012 01:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-06-2012 01:42 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Hey, god needs shampoo too, ya know. Chemtrails and alien anal probes. It all makes sense. Thumbsup
When I first read about Chemtrails, I laughed my ass off thinking it was a send-up of conspiracy theories.

Ah yes... impaled by the old urine harpoon. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
17-06-2012, 02:54 PM
(17-06-2012 01:42 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(17-06-2012 01:26 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Then what is the point of making us? For shitz and giggles?
Hey, god needs shampoo too, ya know. Chemtrails and alien anal probes. It all makes sense. Thumbsup
[Image: WrongAnswer.jpg]

They made us so that one day your Gwynnies could come into existence. Big Grin

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
17-06-2012, 03:18 PM
(17-06-2012 01:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I'm a skeptical economist. Big Grin

Every once in a while I stick the crowbar up there, open up the mind, see if these "truthers" know any truth. But chemtrails are like zero-for-many... ridiculous, in other words.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
18-06-2012, 12:52 PM
(17-06-2012 01:03 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(17-06-2012 12:58 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  2 dime is actually proving me wrong twice instead of "proving" me wrong.

I dont see the mistake with the rubberness

Here is a refernace for logical fallacies...: http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

This by far is not the complete list, but it is helpful.

I read the anecdotal one and then realized that every songle argument for miracles is a logical fallacy. As is the "feeling" that God is real.

I have some work cut out for me to fix this mess.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 2 users Like Xinoftruden's post
21-06-2012, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2012 01:48 PM by Rahn127.)
My imagined god is a perfectly spherical stone with which I can throw at people who disagree with me. If they are injured then obviously I am right and so far, I have always been right. After all, god wouldn't hurt someone who didn't deserve it. It's perfect justice.

Comedy aside, if I had a god this how things would have gone down. Life would have never evolved past the plant stage.
A nice peaceful garden with no weeds

Seriously - none of this animals hunting and killing other animals for hundreds of millions of years. WTF is all that about ? How twisted would you have to be to want to view all that killing for millions of years. The suffering and torment. That's your hell on earth right there. Let alone the billions and billions of other planets out there that I'm going to assume have life that probably are doing the same thing.

If my plan, as a god, was to create as much suffering and torture of conscious creatures as I could, life as we know it, would be the way to go.

-Fin-

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
21-06-2012, 01:45 PM
(21-06-2012 01:41 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  A nice peaceful garden with no weeds
Filox wouldn't like that... he'd still have to be an atheist then I guess Tongue
21-06-2012, 04:14 PM
(21-06-2012 01:41 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  My imagined god is a perfectly spherical stone with which I can throw at people who disagree with me. If they are injured then obviously I am right and so far, I have always been right. After all, god wouldn't hurt someone who didn't deserve it. It's perfect justice.

Comedy aside, if I had a god this how things would have gone down. Life would have never evolved past the plant stage.
A nice peaceful garden with no weeds

Seriously - none of this animals hunting and killing other animals for hundreds of millions of years. WTF is all that about ? How twisted would you have to be to want to view all that killing for millions of years. The suffering and torment. That's your hell on earth right there. Let alone the billions and billions of other planets out there that I'm going to assume have life that probably are doing the same thing.

If my plan, as a god, was to create as much suffering and torture of conscious creatures as I could, life as we know it, would be the way to go.

-Fin-
What a stupid, ignorant argument. It's only been 6000 years, and it's Eve's fault. Before the fall, everything was peaceful - no killing. It's all in the Bible - look it up. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
21-06-2012, 08:25 PM
(21-06-2012 01:41 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Comedy aside, if I had a god this how things would have gone down. Life would have never evolved past the plant stage.

[Image: snakeroot.jpg?w=550&h=412]

Dood. Y U not know wtf you are talking about? Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
22-06-2012, 12:00 AM
It's a nice picture of a plant. Excellent job of posting a picture, now....What are you talking about ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results