My introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2017, 11:28 PM
RE: My introduction
Nice to meet you, thanks for sharing your story Smile

I'm sorry for what you're going through, and I hope we can help you feel a bit better.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2017, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2017 02:27 AM by Dorsie.)
Seagull,

Thanks for all the info on silkworms and silkmoths. I always love to learn new things in the natural sciences. There are so many birds in the area I live that we don't get to see many moths, and they really are beautiful creatures. I looked up photos of cocoons, and they must make great decorations, just like my beloved rocks and minerals. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
21-02-2017, 02:12 AM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
21-02-2017, 05:03 AM
(20-02-2017 09:26 PM)seagull Wrote:  Hey all I stumbled upon this forum a few hours ago and joined and figured I should introduce myself
I'm Alex and I'm from Connecticut originally, going to school in Rhode Island. I have been an atheist for years now and it encourages me to find like-minded people. In my teen years religion was forced on me and it still has its detriments now that I'm almost 21. The political climate isn't helping the matter and I feel worthless, alone, and distrusting most of the time. I'll get into the negative details at some other point in a different area of the forum.
On a better note, I am studying biology in college. I'm part of a lab. I grow many plants including different deciduous trees, carnivorous plants, orchids, and tropical fruit trees. I'm academically advanced for my age but on the spectrum and thus socially inept. I have a large collection of live moths and a few butterfly species too. I work with native silkmoths in my research. I also have several amphibians and a goldendoodle.
I love to bake and keep active (actually I have a compulsive need to move a certain amount and burn off every calorie I take in). I work part time in a deli (ironic since I'm vegetarian trying to go vegan) and I'm a huge Kesha fan.
So that's a brief intro to me.
Also my username is seagull because I make a good seagull sound and seagull was my high school nickname until I lost too much weight and adopted nicknames suchas tapeworm and skeletor.

Welcome I think you will fit in very well here we have lovely vegan people and folks who are on spectrum also other animal lovers. Once again a warm welcome to you. Smile
21-02-2017, 06:18 AM
Hello!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
21-02-2017, 07:09 AM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
21-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Hi Seagull! Welcome!
21-02-2017, 10:59 AM
G'day mate, and welcome. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Welcome! Interesting info about silkworms.
21-02-2017, 10:19 PM
(20-02-2017 09:26 PM)seagull Wrote:  I work part time in a deli (ironic since I'm vegetarian trying to go vegan) and I'm a huge Kesha fan.

Hello Seagull. I wouldn't mind going vegetarian but don't really know how and besides there are some home situations that militate against it. However I've eaten at a couple of vegetarian restaurants and found the food excellent.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself