My introduction.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2009, 06:48 AM

My introduction.
Hello,

I've just got my activation code, so why not introduce my self...
I'm Darren smith from Boston.
22years old, turning 23 soon
I like to watch action, horror, sci-fi, comedy and much more,
and i listen to almost every kind of music...
with this being said,
Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all
Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2009, 11:40 AM
RE: My introduction.
Hey Darren. Sorry for taking so long to reply - Christmas rush, you know.

Welcome!

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2010, 04:35 PM

RE: My introduction.
Yeah, Merry x-mas---meaning I'm glad that's all over with for now. I spent the last summer traveling through Mass., R.I. and New York. After rubbing elbows with the rest of the country it was a breath of fresh air to be in a place (Mass.) that isn't so overtly religious. It took me a while to get used to the tone of some people. A lot of folks up there don't go out of their way to be extraordinarily polite. I appreciate that compared to some of the false friendliness I experienced down South. It's as if one guy a long time ago was having a bad day and it spread so that everyone just sort of assumes your supposed to act a little pissed off. But at least I could rag on the Southern states and bible belt with the folks up there. I was impressed with the upkeep of peoples properties and houses. Didn't find a whole lot of cultural diversity but there is a lot of pride in keeping the place nice. It isn't like that everywhere in America. Some parts of the Midwest are just rusting to the ground. My favorite part is how they managed to get a Duncan Donuts every two and a half miles in New England. You don't find that as common in the rest of the 48 states. Despite that, people seem pretty healthy, mentally as well--pretty bright folks for the most part. I'm looking forward to going back actually. Someone should do a study on the correlation of religious belief and obesity. There might be something there. Although, I shouldn't talk. I'm still trying to shed all those pounds I gained in Texas as well as the rattling in my head about god, guns, and gays. It's ironic how some of the friendliest people can have so much hate in their hearts while some of the most irritable people will go out of their way to be so accommodating. I'll take the latter any day.
Quote this message in a reply