My kids have broken 4 PS3 controllers... so... question.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2014, 11:03 AM
I'm not buying another one right now, and unless I accidentally forget to pay for one in the Walmart self-checkout line, I don't see another one in my near future.

What I do have is a USB keyboard and mouse... can I turn my console games into PC games or can I at least navigate Netflix?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2014, 11:10 AM
RE: My kids have broken 4 PS3 controllers... so... question.
"You can use a kb and mouse, only if the game supports it"

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
25-07-2014, 11:13 AM
The only mouse and keyboard supported game I've played on ps3 was unreal tournament 3... And that's ancient now.
25-07-2014, 11:14 AM
(25-07-2014 11:10 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  "You can use a kb and mouse, only if the game supports it"

Is that a yes for Netflix?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
25-07-2014, 11:18 AM
(25-07-2014 11:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(25-07-2014 11:10 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  "You can use a kb and mouse, only if the game supports it"

Is that a yes for Netflix?

I don't think so, but I used my cellphone as a remote for netflix when I had it. I think you can too.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/2331

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
25-07-2014, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2014 05:07 PM by Anjele.)
You looking for wireless, wired, or does it matter?

My son has quite a stash.

Check your messages...help is on the way.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
25-07-2014, 04:59 PM
(25-07-2014 11:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm not buying another one right now, and unless I accidentally forget to pay for one in the Walmart self-checkout line, I don't see another one in my near future.

What I do have is a USB keyboard and mouse... can I turn my console games into PC games or can I at least navigate Netflix?

Unfortunately, I don't think there are many options for using PC's to run PS3 games. You can use emulators, I think there are some around, but you'd have to download the games as well.

If we were talking Wii or Gamecube it'd be so much easier; download Dolphin and chuck the disc in the drive and go. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an option like that for other systems...
As for the keyboard and mouse thing... I believe you can use USB keyboards and the like with the consoles and control it from there, but whether the games you want are playable, that's a different thing

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Curious: do you know precisely how they are destroying them? It might guide you in your quest.

Also, why not connect a laptop to tv via HDMI and watch Netflix from browser?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
25-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Four? Clearly not enough spanking. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
25-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Be aware that the Netflix applications on different devices are distinct and will not all share the same functionality. Netflix on PS3 is unlikely to let you use your cell phone as a controller (because there is unlikely a Cellphone to PS3 api/driver/functionality in place).

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post