My last girlfriend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2011, 12:25 PM

My last girlfriend
hello Atheists,

I recently found TTA youtube videos and loved them so I joined this website (this is my first post). Anyway, the discussions I had with my last girlfriend came to mind when I heard these podcasts. I thought some of you might like to hear this.

Melanie (my last girlfriend), is very christian. She told me she asked god many times why he would send her a "perfect man" that is not christian. So, anyway, religion got talked about often. One question I always liked to hear is "How do peole get into heaven?" Her answer (typical) is always "believe christ is your lord and savior." So I ask "what about people who never heard the name Jesus Christ (ie babies, foreigners, etc.) Her reply: "they get into heaven too: god wouldn't punnish someone who just didn't know." My thought: "Then would it not be a blessing to the entire world to never speak the name Jesus Christ to anyone? so that everyone wne to heaven.
Her response: silence.

Well, I broke it off with her and now I am a drunk, abusive, rapist, wolf who is going to spend eternity in hell. I never felt so good about breaking up with a woman before. Strangely, I still wish her the best and would still go out of my way to help her if she needed it.

I thought someone out there would find this interesting.
Take care everyone.
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2011, 12:37 PM
RE: My last girlfriend
LoL. Nice to hear I am not the only one who thought about heaven that way.

Welcome!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2011, 08:28 PM
If only you were a lion or bobcat, I just don't like canines =p

It's funny how big of a deal religion is when they constantly suggest it doesn't matter. Well at least you don't have to answer her stupid questions anymore.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-03-2011, 08:35 PM
"what about people who never heard the name Jesus Christ (ie babies, foreigners, etc.)

Once again, it's the atheists that know more about the Bible than Christians. Her answer is wrong. According to most Christian dogma, if you haven't been saved, you either go to hell or purgatory (depending on the sect). This includes babies. Isn't religion great?

I feel your pain. I hate to tell you though, you'd probably be a "drunk, abusive, rapist, wolf who is going to spend eternity in hell" whether you were an Atheist or not. Women are crazy like that. Smile

Be polite.
Be efficient.
Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
22-03-2011, 09:49 PM
I consider Hell a far better option than spending eternity with billions of bible thumping Christians
22-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I like the idea of hell, the real huge difference is that in hell you don't feel god's light. Yeah I've really had a need for it so far. If I live eternally I will wish to never concern myself with the idea of a god.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-03-2011, 11:43 PM
No one can get into heaven according to jesus.

http://godisimaginary.com/video1.htm

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
23-03-2011, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2011 12:14 AM by daemonowner.)
(22-03-2011 12:25 PM)JHodel Wrote:  I recently found TTA youtube videos and loved them so I joined this website (this is my first post).

Welcome.

(22-03-2011 12:25 PM)JHodel Wrote:  Melanie (my last girlfriend), is very christian. She told me she asked god many times why he would send her a "perfect man" that is not christian. So, anyway, religion got talked about often. One question I always liked to hear is "How do peole get into heaven?" Her answer (typical) is always "believe christ is your lord and savior." So I ask "what about people who never heard the name Jesus Christ (ie babies, foreigners, etc.) Her reply: "they get into heaven too: god wouldn't punnish someone who just didn't know." My thought: "Then would it not be a blessing to the entire world to never speak the name Jesus Christ to anyone? so that everyone wne to heaven.
Her response: silence.

I'm tempted to say that the reason she was silent was because you just thought it, you didn't say it.
Aside from my pedantry, thats not such a bad argument.

(22-03-2011 12:25 PM)JHodel Wrote:  Well, I broke it off with her and now I am a drunk, abusive, rapist, wolf who is going to spend eternity in hell. I never felt so good about breaking up with a woman before. Strangely, I still wish her the best and would still go out of my way to help her if she needed it.

Are you really drunk and abusive, or is that mere hyperbole?
I don't consider it strange you would want to help her occasionally, should I?
(22-03-2011 09:49 PM)TheAtheist Wrote:  I consider Hell a far better option than spending eternity with billions of bible thumping Christians

I concur. In fact, I sort of hope there is a god so I can pull the fingers at him before being sent off to hell.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
23-03-2011, 12:20 AM
(22-03-2011 12:25 PM)JHodel Wrote:  Well, I broke it off with her and now I am a drunk, abusive, rapist, wolf who is going to spend eternity in hell.
My sex gear and prowess is always downgraded after a breakup as well. LOL

I play CityVille, and I need you as my neighbor!
I need a job too, so that I can play CityVille less.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2011, 07:08 AM
(22-03-2011 11:43 PM)No J. Wrote:  No one can get into heaven according to jesus.

http://godisimaginary.com/video1.htm

Great video! Smile

Be polite.
Be efficient.
Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.