My last girlfriend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2011, 11:48 AM
RE: My last girlfriend
When my mother is in the midst of some religious judgment of me, I always ask how heaven can exist if her bastard atheist son is in hell. Wouldn't just the knowledge of my eternal torture ruin her blissful existence?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2011, 07:44 PM
(23-03-2011 11:48 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  When my mother is in the midst of some religious judgment of me, I always ask how heaven can exist if her bastard atheist son is in hell. Wouldn't just the knowledge of my eternal torture ruin her blissful existence?

What's her answer?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
23-03-2011, 10:21 PM
(23-03-2011 07:44 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  
(23-03-2011 11:48 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  When my mother is in the midst of some religious judgment of me, I always ask how heaven can exist if her bastard atheist son is in hell. Wouldn't just the knowledge of my eternal torture ruin her blissful existence?

What's her answer?

I am curious to her answer as well.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
23-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Usually a dismissive "oh, don't say that!"

That "unwillingness to even think about things" mentality that religious folk revert to when confronted.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
24-03-2011, 10:14 PM
I like your second quote there, BC.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
25-03-2011, 12:02 AM

What I find amusing is that a lot of Christians will start off by saying nice things but when things don't go your way then you're going to spend an eternity in hell as if they're the ones making the call.

I'm fortunate enough to have never dated someone who was super religious, I give kudos to you for trying to make it work with her though. My fiance's ex was a fundamentalist Christian whose family even burned Harry Potter books for being "ungodly" (yeah, THOSE types) and who ended up cheating on him.

lol then he went and found me, an Atheist.

Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2011, 01:49 AM
(24-03-2011 10:14 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  I like your second quote there, BC.

Sam Harris - "The End of Faith"

25-03-2011, 02:26 AM
(25-03-2011 12:02 AM)Diclonius Wrote:  What I find amusing is that a lot of Christians will start off by saying nice things but when things don't go your way then you're going to spend an eternity in hell as if they're the ones making the call.

They aren't the ones making the calls, their god who agrees with everything they do and everything they say is. Tongue

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
29-03-2011, 11:31 PM

My X is really religious too; good thing I wasn't really an atheist then and never brought up evolution! That's a very interesting point you made about spreading Jesus' name-thank you for sharing!

(22-03-2011 12:25 PM)JHodel Wrote:  hello Atheists,

I recently found TTA youtube videos and loved them so I joined this website (this is my first post). Anyway, the discussions I had with my last girlfriend came to mind when I heard these podcasts. I thought some of you might like to hear this.

Melanie (my last girlfriend), is very christian. She told me she asked god many times why he would send her a "perfect man" that is not christian. So, anyway, religion got talked about often. One question I always liked to hear is "How do peole get into heaven?" Her answer (typical) is always "believe christ is your lord and savior." So I ask "what about people who never heard the name Jesus Christ (ie babies, foreigners, etc.) Her reply: "they get into heaven too: god wouldn't punnish someone who just didn't know." My thought: "Then would it not be a blessing to the entire world to never speak the name Jesus Christ to anyone? so that everyone wne to heaven.
Her response: silence.

Well, I broke it off with her and now I am a drunk, abusive, rapist, wolf who is going to spend eternity in hell. I never felt so good about breaking up with a woman before. Strangely, I still wish her the best and would still go out of my way to help her if she needed it.

I thought someone out there would find this interesting.
Take care everyone.
Quote this message in a reply