My last word on Egor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2012, 03:41 AM
My last word on Egor
I'll come clean about Egor.

I thought it would enlightening, and a little fun, to convince Egor he was Jesus. It wouldn't have been too difficult, particularly if a few others caught on and helped me out. It would have demonstrated how self styled fundamentalist preachers can't resist power, and that power is, in fact, always their underlying agenda. I've changed my mind.

I spent an hour or so reading his comments and comments about him. There are some good people here genuinely distressed by this guy's rantings. That's not fair on them. He has also said some seriously immoral things, such as threatening to rape a member's girlfriend, not to mention other violent acts and burnings in hell. Do I want to give this character any legitimacy, even if its only temporary? No.

So don't worry, friends, I'm still the same old adamant atheist I've always been.

The impression I get on reading through previous posts about Egor is that most people have a morbid curiosity as to how such a deluded character justifies his existence. I must admit, I've been curious too. Yet he becomes less and less interesting the more one reads of him. I wouldn't normally make a straw man out of anybody...but....he has just been so obnoxious he deserves it. Here's my psychological profile of Egor.

I suspect he is the product of a typically dysfunctional fundamentalist Protestant upbringing. He has average or slightly below average intelligence. He's been shouted at and made to feel inferior ever since he was a kid. His opinions weren't asked for or respected. He's been made to feel guilty about sexuality. He now focuses all his hurt and repressed sexuality into a deep hatred for the world. He is out to get anyone who doesn't believe him...atheists, Christians, Muslims or even the guy next door minding his own business. He's just fuckin' sick of noone listening to him. Anyone who doesn't agree with him is an enemy and will burn in hell. Only Verucundians will achieve salvation. We've had 10, 000 years of human thought and wisdom, yet Egor and his wife are the only two who have got it right! All those goddam people out there, people who talk about sex, or who have lots of laughing friends, those weak people without fists or boot heels, just have to be fuckin' stamped out and then burnt in hell forever.

Complexity and nuance annoy him. He was never listened to as a kid, so now insists its his turn to be heard. He would love to be looked up to, to feel important, to be in charge, but he ain't got the interpersonal skills to make that happen in real life. Its easier to create a half real world in cyberspace, where people who don't really know him will pay him some attention. The internet gives him time to think what he'll say next, and he can hide his frustration and his anger that he finds so hard to suppress.

Men and women of the forum, there are millions of Egors out there. We should not be giving them our time. There is nothing impressive about being unread, loud, opinionated and aggressive. We should be discussing our thoughts, sharing our thoughts, with people who are genuinely interested in discourse. The Egors of this world only pay lip service to learning from others (and he barely does that).

I do not think he should be banned, but I suggest he should be ignored. That's only my opinion, and I'm interested as to what you all think. I'm not going to spend any more of my time conversing with him.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Mark Fulton's post
03-04-2012, 03:56 AM
RE: My last word on Egor
Any sort of serious discussion with the deluded knob goblin only adds credence to his delusions.

Egor psychological profile = Cunt.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Eternal's post
03-04-2012, 04:18 AM
Talking about raping a member's girl? Seriously?

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
03-04-2012, 04:18 AM
(03-04-2012 04:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Talking about raping a member's girl? Seriously?
I must have missed that but if it's true that's seriously fucked up.
03-04-2012, 04:32 AM
(03-04-2012 03:41 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I'll come clean about Egor.

I thought it would enlightening, and a little fun, to convince Egor he was Jesus. It wouldn't have been too difficult, particularly if a few others caught on and helped me out. It would have demonstrated how self styled fundamentalist preachers can't resist power, and that power is, in fact, always their underlying agenda. I've changed my mind.

I spent an hour or so reading his comments and comments about him. There are some good people here genuinely distressed by this guy's rantings. That's not fair on them. He has also said some seriously immoral things, such as threatening to rape a member's girlfriend, not to mention other violent acts and burnings in hell. Do I want to give this character any legitimacy, even if its only temporary? No.

So don't worry, friends, I'm still the same old adamant atheist I've always been.

The impression I get on reading through previous posts about Egor is that most people have a morbid curiosity as to how such a deluded character justifies his existence. I must admit, I've been curious too. Yet he becomes less and less interesting the more one reads of him. I wouldn't normally make a straw man out of anybody...but....he has just been so obnoxious he deserves it. Here's my psychological profile of Egor.

I suspect he is the product of a typically dysfunctional fundamentalist Protestant upbringing. He has average or slightly below average intelligence. He's been shouted at and made to feel inferior ever since he was a kid. His opinions weren't asked for or respected. He's been made to feel guilty about sexuality. He now focuses all his hurt and repressed sexuality into a deep hatred for the world. He is out to get anyone who doesn't believe him...atheists, Christians, Muslims or even the guy next door minding his own business. He's just fuckin' sick of noone listening to him. Anyone who doesn't agree with him is an enemy and will burn in hell. Only Verucundians will achieve salvation. We've had 10, 000 years of human thought and wisdom, yet Egor and his wife are the only two who have got it right! All those goddam people out there, people who talk about sex, or who have lots of laughing friends, those weak people without fists or boot heels, just have to be fuckin' stamped out and then burnt in hell forever.

Complexity and nuance annoy him. He was never listened to as a kid, so now insists its his turn to be heard. He would love to be looked up to, to feel important, to be in charge, but he ain't got the interpersonal skills to make that happen in real life. Its easier to create a half real world in cyberspace, where people who don't really know him will pay him some attention. The internet gives him time to think what he'll say next, and he can hide his frustration and his anger that he finds so hard to suppress.

Men and women of the forum, there are millions of Egors out there. We should not be giving them our time. There is nothing impressive about being unread, loud, opinionated and aggressive. We should be discussing our thoughts, sharing our thoughts, with people who are genuinely interested in discourse. The Egors of this world only pay lip service to learning from others (and he barely does that).

I do not think he should be banned, but I suggest he should be ignored. That's only my opinion, and I'm interested as to what you all think. I'm not going to spend any more of my time conversing with him.

If you cease to observe him, he will cease to exist, (by his own logic). Now stop looking, already. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-04-2012, 04:40 AM
(03-04-2012 04:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Talking about raping a member's girl? Seriously?
This is what he wrote...

"And then there are those rare intellectuals who are mighty in mind, even if they aren't fighting fit. But damn if they will back down; damn if they can't force me to change my mind. Who was it in here who brought up the point about hell and monism and the fact that God would only be sending himself to hell? I thought for an entire day, from sleep to sleep about that. I fought with it. I prayed about it and finally God gave me the answer. That person, destroyed Veridicanism as I have known it for a decade. And now, Veridicanism has emerged into something so powerful, there will be no stopping it. To that man, who probably isn't a physical fighter, I am in awe--no different than if he jumped in the air and took my head off with a jump spinning hook kick. He destroyed my world. To him I say, "Sir." But to you, I spit. And as sure as I'm sitting here today, I know, because I know men, if you had a girlfriend anyone of the men I described or even myself, if I were not committed to my wife whom you insult, we could have her in a minute.

But you don't have a girlfriend do you? And you know why? Because women know men, too."
03-04-2012, 04:40 AM
(03-04-2012 04:18 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
I must have missed that but if it's true that's seriously fucked up.

If this is true (I haven't seen it in context so hence the if), then I'm pretty sure it constitutes a threat. Even an empty threat is grounds for banning, no?

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
03-04-2012, 04:43 AM
(03-04-2012 04:40 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 04:18 AM)Logisch Wrote:  I must have missed that but if it's true that's seriously fucked up.

If this is true (I haven't seen it in context so hence the if), then I'm pretty sure it constitutes a threat. Even an empty threat is grounds for banning, no?
You be the judge. I think this is sick. See above
03-04-2012, 04:45 AM
Ahh, I seem to have posted just as you elaborated on the post. I am not a moderator, but I do think that deserves a warning. Even if it is not directly a threat, I find it utterly disrespectful, and yes, sick.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
03-04-2012, 04:49 AM
I ain't seeing it. What I am seeing is a response to someone insulting his wife.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Oi! Aussies! Spread The Word... DLJ 54 918 21-06-2014 09:01 PM
Last Post: DLJ
  The word Atheist TheStraightener 47 961 18-02-2014 01:46 PM
Last Post: War Horse
  Faith Isn't a Dirty Word guitar_nut 27 727 08-12-2013 12:39 AM
Last Post: IndianAtheist
  Atheism as a source of pride/identity vs atheism as a word that shouldn't be needed Loki 39 1,339 08-09-2013 01:36 PM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Preacher calls out Word of Faithers Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen. kingschosen 4 580 11-08-2013 09:31 PM
Last Post: Mark Fulton
  Why allow the Christians to have a monopoly on the word "God"? ryannyc 15 603 07-08-2013 11:27 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Should the word "creature" be banned from public schools? Heywood Jahblome 19 567 01-08-2013 04:38 AM
Last Post: Juv