My last word on Egor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2012, 04:30 PM
RE: My last word on Egor
I have no problem with Egor. He's always been perfectly polite to me, whether we have agreed on stuff or not.

I'd miss having him on the forum, I think he can be quite interesting.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Meh...

His presence has led to all sorts of interesting, amusing, and even contentious discussions. He is a person of extremes.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
03-04-2012, 05:51 PM

(03-04-2012 04:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I have no problem with Egor. He's always been perfectly polite to me, whether we have agreed on stuff or not.

I'd miss having him on the forum, I think he can be quite interesting.

(03-04-2012 04:54 PM)kineo Wrote:  Meh...

His presence has led to all sorts of interesting, amusing, and even contentious discussions. He is a person of extremes.

Thanks guys. Hug Weeping
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
03-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Not cool, Mark. Why do you have to publicly call out someone that you disagree with?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2012, 08:37 PM
(03-04-2012 08:10 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Not cool, Mark. Why do you have to publicly call out someone that you disagree with?
Because holding in what bothers you only builds up stress? Tongue

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
03-04-2012, 08:41 PM
(03-04-2012 08:37 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 08:10 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Not cool, Mark. Why do you have to publicly call out someone that you disagree with?
Because holding in what bothers you only builds up stress? Tongue
That hasn't been proven to be true, and there is good evidence that the exact opposite is true. But whether or not it's true, every little emotion that passes through you doesn't have to manifest itself publicly. When I get angry at someone, I can rage privately at home... there's no need to type it out and share it with everyone else.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
03-04-2012, 08:46 PM
(03-04-2012 08:41 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 08:37 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Because holding in what bothers you only builds up stress? Tongue
That hasn't been proven to be true, and there is good evidence that the exact opposite is true. But whether or not it's true, every little emotion that passes through you doesn't have to manifest itself publicly. When I get angry at someone, I can rage privately at home... there's no need to type it out and share it with everyone else.

Well I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree. I'm with Richard Dawkins on this one:

Don’t fall for the convention that we’re all too polite to talk about religion. Religion is not off the table. Religion is not off limits.
Religion makes specific claims about the universe which need to be substantiated and need to be challenged and, if necessary, need to be ridiculed with contempt.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
[+] 2 users Like Clint Barnett's post
03-04-2012, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 10:09 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(03-04-2012 01:59 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Hahaha Mark, put that turd on ignore and completely ignore. Its just not worth my time. As for his post that you quoted, even if you interpret it that way, would you truly be concerned? I sure as the hell am not lmao Smile

Nicely thought out post though, I did enjoy reading it.

Thanks Clint. I'm glad he's on the other side of the world. I reckon if he had a few too many drinks anything could happen. Borderline personality disorder and alcohol are not a healthy combination.

Ok...I'll spell it out again for you....ho hum....

- He has repeatedly threatened people. Threats of any sort are unacceptable.

-He usually refuses to engage in conversations on a level any deeper than demanding people accept his baseless assertions. I am proud of this forum. Most of the people here are smart. He's not. He reduces the level, and the tone, of the discussion.

-I've picked up that some members have been distressed by his ranting, and I feel sorry for them. For example, I happen to know how distressing PTSD can be.

So....I straw man him not because he is a Christian, not because he is a verucundian, not because he has different opinions to mine, but because he is rude, unintellectual and obnoxious. I felt someone had to do it. I'm done now....I got better things to do.

If you disagree with me....that's fine....you keep talking to him, that's your right.

I'm hoping some good might come out of this. He will never admit it, but it is possible the message will finally get through to him that he's behaved like a total dick, and he may tone down his commentary. It's probably a false hope though, because when he ceases to be obnoxious he really hasn't got anything interesting to say at all. He's like the dumb kid at the bottom of the class who can't keep up with everyone else, so is deliberately disruptive.

(03-04-2012 08:41 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 08:37 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Because holding in what bothers you only builds up stress? Tongue

ps just read the article about "venting." I can understand that's what you imagine of me. But....I'm actually cool as....I just don't like reading this forum getting dragged through the mud. There is no point trying to engage this character on an intellectual level, and he kept coming back. He just needed to be told by someone. Consider how Christopher Hitchens used to deal with the questions from idiots...he never suffered fools...he just told them to sod off
[+] 4 users Like Mark Fulton's post
04-04-2012, 12:35 AM

(03-04-2012 09:14 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Thanks Clint. I'm glad he's on the other side of the world. I reckon if he had a few too many drinks anything could happen. Borderline personality disorder and alcohol are not a healthy combination.

Yeah, fantasize that I would actually come looking for you. Remember Mark, you write posts about me. I don't write posts about you.

Quote:

Ok...I'll spell it out again for you....ho hum....

- He has repeatedly threatened people. Threats of any sort are unacceptable.

Of course, you're the only one who seems to think this.

Quote:-He usually refuses to engage in conversations on a level any deeper than demanding people accept his baseless assertions. I am proud of this forum. Most of the people here are smart. He's not. He reduces the level, and the tone, of the discussion.

[Image: mfw.png] Hobo I'm sorry, but this smiley actually looks a little like the photo of yourself you plastered on your website.

…well, if I’m going to be accused of it…

Quote:-I've picked up that some members have been distressed by his ranting, and I feel sorry for them. For example, I happen to know how distressing PTSD can be.

I love it. I actually hope it’s true that there are people out there suffering PTSD because of my opinions and my writing that they just can’t help but read. I think only Peter Benchley and William Peter Blatty can say the same thing.

Dude, you sound like an idiot.

Quote:So....I straw man him

Right, in other words you are not being honest about me, and you are not an honest person. At least you admit it.

Quote:not because he is a Christian, not because he is a verucundian, not because he has different opinions to mine, but because he is rude, unintellectual and obnoxious.

But…that’s a straw man version of me you create and try to get people to believe, right?

Quote:I felt someone had to do it. I'm done now....I got better things to do.

So, you’re leaving the forum? Perhaps you will attend to your patients or sexual partners, or whatever they are. You did say on your website that you have a girlfriend that is also a patient.

Quote:If you disagree with me....that's fine....you keep talking to him, that's your right.

I'm hoping some good might come out of this. He will never admit it, but it is possible the message will finally get through to him that he's behaved like a total dick, and he may tone down his commentary.

Sorry, but the way I see it, I defeated you. I made you my dog. You wear my collars now. You started out criticizing me and now you’ve lost all integrity. I think we need a ten-count on this one.

[Image: knockout.gif]

Quote:It's probably a false hope though, because when he ceases to be obnoxious he really hasn't got anything interesting to say at all. He's like the dumb kid at the bottom of the class who can't keep up with everyone else, so is deliberately disruptive.

And you’re like the kid who always sits in the front row, raising his hand and wondering why paper balls keep hitting him in the back of the head.
God, it’s fun to be thirteen again, isn’t it?

(03-04-2012 08:41 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  When I get angry at someone, I can rage privately at home... there's no need to type it out and share it with everyone else.

Well said, Starcrash.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
04-04-2012, 08:25 AM
(03-04-2012 09:14 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  - He has repeatedly threatened people. Threats of any sort are unacceptable.
You know I got a lot of respect for you Mark but you haven't actually proved that one yet.

I'll also point out that threatening behaviour is against forum rules and is enough to warrant a ban if the behaviour is not rectified.

My advice to anyone who feels Egor is threatening people, be it themselves or others, is to post a thread quoting the threat and linking back to the thread it was posted in in the Forum Management Team section. If threats are being made they will be dealt with.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post