My life as a theist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2015, 01:17 PM
My life as a theist
At age 6 I would be in church playing around not listening. My mother would say "God is watching you young man, so you better settle down."

I would reply "God, do you mind if I play in church ?"
"Mother, god said I could play."

"Well, I said to sit still. If you don't, you'll wish you had.

In high school , "God, I'm pretty much going to do whatever the fuck I want. If I'm about to do something that might injure me for life, please speak up."

After I'm married "Wife of mine, bad news. I'm going to make your life a living hell because the bible says I can. And since I'm one of those rare christians who won't accept divorce, It's going to be till death do we part. Strap yourself in love. "

"Dear god, thanks for all the good times and countless acts of sinning on my part. I've been a dick my whole life. Just trying to follow in your footsteps. I accept JC as my savior. Now forgive all my millions of sins and give me a big slice if heaven, whether I deserve it or not."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
01-01-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: My life as a theist
And after?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
01-01-2015, 02:07 PM
uuhhhhhhhh......Dodgy what did I just read ? Gasp
01-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Blink

Rahn127, mind explaining that OP a bit?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-01-2015, 02:28 PM
OP, is this a slice of life story? Or perhaps stream of consciousness thing?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
01-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Um...god does nothing to govern you, the Bible is a screwed up piece of literature, and you can just do whatever the hell you want in life and then at the last second say "Oops" and get heaven.

Did I win? Huh

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
01-01-2015, 03:39 PM
(01-01-2015 03:13 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Um...god does nothing to govern you, the Bible is a screwed up piece of literature, and you can just do whatever the hell you want in life and then at the last second say "Oops" and get heaven.

Did I win? Huh

Yes you did! Thumbsup
01-01-2015, 04:52 PM
In another thread someone suggested that theists try out atheism for a month. Then someone else mentioned that how that was kinda silly, on par with atheists trying out theism.

So I thought I would make up some story that depicted my life as a theist, in order to show how religion can create an abusive dick from what could have been a good atheist man who was good for the simple fact that being good has its rewards in and of itself.

This isn't based on my life at all.
I'm a good atheist. Always have been.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
01-01-2015, 04:59 PM
So the point was for others who have been atheists their whole lives, what would your life as a theist look like ?

With the bible in my life, I would have probably been an abusive dick if I took it all seriously

01-01-2015, 05:58 PM
I imagine my life as a theist would be exactly the same as my life right now, except I'd waste a lot of time in churches and trying to communicate with someone who wasn't listening, and I'd be annoyed by idiocy a lot less.

Picking and choosing what you want to follow so you don't need to inconvenience yourself or change anything seems to be standard theist stuff.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.