My life if a god existed to grant my wishes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2015, 01:52 PM
My life if a god existed to grant my wishes
If all my wishes and requests to a god were answered.

I would live in home floating a few hundred feet above the Canadian Rockies with the ability to fly.

My wife would be a shape shifting woman who could appear to be any woman in the world, but I would love her best as the woman she was born naturally to be.

All sewage and trash and waste would be sent to a black hole. Irish cream & Guinness would would permanently be on tap at my house

There would be no disease, so suffering, no starvation, no war and no religion.

I would be the only one with this genie in my pocket. I wouldn't trust anyone else with it.

I could list a hundred things to change that would make my life and the world a better place.

What would be yours ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
02-08-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: My life if a god existed to grant my wishes
I would be the best clarinetist Anywhere. And I would always feel loved and worthwhile.

Selfish, yes. I'd probably also ask for peace on earth and for all laws and customs relegating women to inferior status to be overturned immediately.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
02-08-2015, 02:32 PM
I'd tell him that if he's so powerful - let me see him de-create himself.......

That'd keep the prick busy for a couple of eons....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
02-08-2015, 10:14 PM
(02-08-2015 01:59 PM)julep Wrote:  I would be the best clarinetist Anywhere.

A worthwhile goal indeed (sayeth goddess Who owns 3 licorice sticks, two regular and an alto).

I think I'd like the ability to reason with cats, some low-carb milk chocolate that doesn't contain bizarre sugar alternatives, and for My hair to finish turning a proper shade of white.

As for peace on earth -- One year for Christmas I wished for world peace and 5 pounds of Turtles. Guess which one I got.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
02-08-2015, 10:19 PM
(02-08-2015 01:52 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If all my wishes and requests to a god were answered.

I would live in home floating a few hundred feet above the Canadian Rockies with the ability to fly.

My wife would be a shape shifting woman who could appear to be any woman in the world, but I would love her best as the woman she was born naturally to be.

All sewage and trash and waste would be sent to a black hole. Irish cream & Guinness would permanently be on tap at my house

There would be no disease, so suffering, no starvation, no war and no religion.

I would be the only one with this genie in my pocket. I wouldn't trust anyone else with it.

I could list a hundred things to change that would make my life and the world a better place.

What would be yours ?

I already have a "genie in my pocket", and I pretty much don't trust anyone with it either.
Blush

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-08-2015, 04:54 AM
(02-08-2015 10:14 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 01:59 PM)julep Wrote:  I would be the best clarinetist Anywhere.

A worthwhile goal indeed (sayeth goddess Who owns 3 licorice sticks, two regular and an alto).

I think I'd like the ability to reason with cats, some low-carb milk chocolate that doesn't contain bizarre sugar alternatives, and for My hair to finish turning a proper shade of white.

As for peace on earth -- One year for Christmas I wished for world peace and 5 pounds of Turtles. Guess which one I got.

An alto! Those things are hard to play!

I have an Eb and bass as well as my two sopranos, plus an old Bb for outdoor concerts. I think at last count there were nine clarinets in the house (husband plays, too). Plus my son's bassoon, the trombone, and my alto sax and flute and the piano. Perhaps I should also wish for a cone of silence around our house, for the peace of mind of the neighbors...
03-08-2015, 08:51 PM
(03-08-2015 04:54 AM)julep Wrote:  An alto! Those things are hard to play!

Considering that the one I have is a second-hand one that's at least 40 years old, and hasn't been played in who knows how long, I seem to be doing surprisingly well so far. The chalumeau register is drop-dead gorgeous; the clarion register sounds a bit thin but has a sound reminiscent of a soprano sax. I had to tinker with a couple of adjustment screws around the register key to get it to go over the break into the clarion register, and I've been fussing a bit with the reeds (note to Self: Buy 2.5's next time instead of 3's).

Quote:I have an Eb and bass as well as my two sopranos, plus an old Bb for outdoor concerts. I think at last count there were nine clarinets in the house (husband plays, too). Plus my son's bassoon, the trombone, and my alto sax and flute and the piano. Perhaps I should also wish for a cone of silence around our house, for the peace of mind of the neighbors...

Because we're in the middle of renovations right now, I'm planning to retrofit a corner of My office with sound-dampening materials to make a Cone of Silence for all-hours practice. When I want to do saxophone full-volume I head out to our detached garage and let 'er rip. (Neighbours have been advised to approach with caution, or with bass, drums and piano. Cool )

Probably going to add an E♭ to the collection some day.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post