My lungs are giving up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2017, 05:39 PM
My lungs are giving up
So once a year I get very sick with my lungs. And it is not really improving. My lungs are just very weak.
When I was at the doctor yesterday, he also prescribed me an inhaler that has steroids. To help me get better again because I have been super sick with my lungs for almost a week now.
So I have to use it morning and evening, two puffs. Fair enough. Use as the normal inhaler.
I can barely keep it in from the normal inhaler.
The steroid one doesn't ... I get a coughing fit when I try to take my two puffs.
So now I got whistling, painful lungs and can't breathe right.
Also can't just go to bed and deal with it because my breathing will be flatter then and how much flatter from almost not at all can I go before I suffocate...

How do I do this dammit? Fuck my shitty lungs, honestly.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: My lungs are giving up
Sad Breathing issues suck!

Have they considered a CPAP or Bi-PAP for nighttime? Or do you elevate?

Have you seen a pulminologist?

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
09-08-2017, 05:53 PM
I have pretty bad asthma from back when I had bronchities for a few months and it basically stuck.
Then I was very stupid for a few years and smoked 2 packs a day on top of that (i know i know)
So it's my own fault that my lungs are like this but yea.
So I saw the lung doctor a few years back. Not recently though. I mean what else will he tell me at this point "your lungs have gotten worse, sucks to be you" Don't care.

What's CPAP and Bi-PAP? and what does that mean "elevate" in this context?

Also I got the normal inhaler spray to stay in. so i am waiting a bit now and then try again for the steroid one

- Wotsefack?! -
09-08-2017, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2017 06:02 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(09-08-2017 05:39 PM)Leerob Wrote:  So once a year I get very sick with my lungs. And it is not really improving. My lungs are just very weak.
When I was at the doctor yesterday, he also prescribed me an inhaler that has steroids. To help me get better again because I have been super sick with my lungs for almost a week now.
So I have to use it morning and evening, two puffs. Fair enough. Use as the normal inhaler.
I can barely keep it in from the normal inhaler.
The steroid one doesn't ... I get a coughing fit when I try to take my two puffs.
So now I got whistling, painful lungs and can't breathe right.
Also can't just go to bed and deal with it because my breathing will be flatter then and how much flatter from almost not at all can I go before I suffocate...

How do I do this dammit? Fuck my shitty lungs, honestly.

Try a diffuser. It's a little gadget that you just breathe normally into, it doesn't send the medicine all at once but in smaller doses...

I have one here (they gave it to us when our kid needed an inhaler).

Also albuteral (not sure if that's the steroid) can make you cough in the beginning. It took a few weeks for that shit to stop.

Hug

Edited to add image

[Image: 7b73cb786f350bac5a0e311c58bd155d--asthma-diabetes.jpg]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-08-2017, 06:03 PM
Try puffing it into your mouth without inhaling, then inhale. Been doing that since 1992.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2017, 06:04 PM
(09-08-2017 05:53 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I have pretty bad asthma from back when I had bronchities for a few months and it basically stuck.
Then I was very stupid for a few years and smoked 2 packs a day on top of that (i know i know)
So it's my own fault that my lungs are like this but yea.
So I saw the lung doctor a few years back. Not recently though. I mean what else will he tell me at this point "your lungs have gotten worse, sucks to be you" Don't care.

What's CPAP and Bi-PAP? and what does that mean "elevate" in this context?

Also I got the normal inhaler spray to stay in. so i am waiting a bit now and then try again for the steroid one

Bronchitis keeps coming back.

The steroid inhaler doesn't give relief right away, it takes a good time for it to take effect. (days) It is only local though, "you" are not on steroids, your lungs are. I strongly recommend you take it exactly as prescribed, it will help reduce the swelling of your lungs and allow better breathing.

I assume the other is a rescue inhaler like albuterol. You can get better ones that combine albuterol with ipratropium bromide.

Drink. Eucalyptus and mint everything helps temporarily. If you get really tight, sit and bend forward. Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth, exhale as far as you can.

If you really struggle, go to the doc. They can help recover you instantly and give better drugs to maintain.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Also: https://www.monaghanmed.com/AeroChamber-...-STAT-aVHC
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
09-08-2017, 06:06 PM
(09-08-2017 05:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Try a diffuser. It's a little gadget that you just breathe normally into, it doesn't send the medicine all at once but in smaller doses...

I have one here (they gave it to us when our kid needed an inhaler).

Also albuteral (not sure if that's the steroid) can make you cough in the beginning. It took a few weeks for that shit to stop.

Hug

Edited to add image

[Image: 7b73cb786f350bac5a0e311c58bd155d--asthma-diabetes.jpg]

Yeah, one of those.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
09-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Thanks everybody for the input and the thing to put on the inhaler is a good idea.

For right now, I took 2 puffs from the normal inhaler (ventolin) and waited a bit. This was just to get the breathing going.
And after a few minutes I took one puff of the steroid inhaler (becotide) and I was able to keep that one puff in. I am not sure how much stayed in at my first few tries but I felt slightly over dosed for a little bit.
Now I am ok. Breathing works, pain is pretty much gone too, other than the normal lingering one
And as Dom mentioned tea. I have been drinking a lot of peppermint tea and have also mint chewing gum and mentol candy. So wherever I go, I have some of that stuff to help the breathing without using the inhaler. I hope this episode is over soon.

I hate my lungs. Anybody wanna swap?

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
09-08-2017, 06:37 PM
(09-08-2017 06:33 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Thanks everybody for the input and the thing to put on the inhaler is a good idea.

For right now, I took 2 puffs from the normal inhaler (ventolin) and waited a bit. This was just to get the breathing going.
And after a few minutes I took one puff of the steroid inhaler (becotide) and I was able to keep that one puff in. I am not sure how much stayed in at my first few tries but I felt slightly over dosed for a little bit.
Now I am ok. Breathing works, pain is pretty much gone too, other than the normal lingering one
And as Dom mentioned tea. I have been drinking a lot of peppermint tea and have also mint chewing gum and mentol candy. So wherever I go, I have some of that stuff to help the breathing without using the inhaler. I hope this episode is over soon.

I hate my lungs. Anybody wanna swap?

I do. I have had this for 50 years. Yours are still in much better shape than mine.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man