My lungs are giving up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2017, 06:44 PM
RE: My lungs are giving up
oh sorry, I meant elevate your head.

CPAP and Bi-Pap are machines to help keep your airways open at night. CPAP is used for Apnea, Bi-Pap for people with weak diaphragm/force issues.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
09-08-2017, 07:18 PM
I have asthma. When we first moved into this house, I was so sick that I was using a steroidal inhaler 2 puffs five times a day, and albuterol 2 puffs five times a day. Once we had all the carpets taken out and laminate floors put in, I use my albuterol inhaler maybe twice a year, one puff. I'm pretty obviously allergic to cat dander. Maybe you have an allergy that is bringing this all on?
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
09-08-2017, 09:14 PM
I have allergy induced asthma. Gimme steroids! Love the steroids I spray up my nose! I don't use inhalers but I do take Singulair once a day. I get three allergy shots once a week. They taught me how to give the shots to myself so I don't have to go to the doctors office. I'm allergic to over 90 things (lots of pollen, animal saliva and dust mite dung) and the shots have been amazing. I can breath again.

I had my sinuses operated on and the doc took out some bone to help everything drain. It's helped my asthma and kept me from getting sinus infections.

The asthma sufferers I know are very allergic to stuff so you might get that checked out.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-08-2017, 02:20 AM
@ Dom: Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was gonna swap with someone who has better lungs than mine Wink

@ ShadowProject: Thanks for the explanation

@ Fireball: Wow 10 puffs a day altogether! My pharmacist told me with the Ventolin to not go more than 8 a day.

@ dancefortwo: I got it checked. Mine isn't allergic. I get these kind of episodes when I get a cold and don't treat it super aggressively very fast.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
10-08-2017, 02:54 AM
(09-08-2017 05:53 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Then I was very stupid for a few years and smoked 2 packs a day on top of that (i know i know)...
I can understand this Rob, and empathise with you totally. I too was a 2-pack a day man, and now suffer from emphysema, although at this stage, fairly mildly. I also have this "whistling" thing at night, when laying down in bed.

I'm currently using one of these (non-drug) "Ultrabreathe" lung resistance trainers...

[Image: ultrabreathe1.png]

You can get them on eBay.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-08-2017, 03:04 AM
Apologies... double post.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Yikes, sorry Rob. I can empathize. I have asthma, had it since I was in the 6th grade. It's rough sometimes. When bronchitis hits, it's awful. Lately it's been kicking back up due to allergies, most likely. My doc put me on Breo in addition to my normal Albuteral emergency inhaler. I used the Breo for the first 30 days consistently, and now I haven't been keeping up with it. Tbh, I'm a little worried about drug interactions with it and my Spironolactone.

When I was younger, the steroidal inhaler did help get things under control initially, so I think that it'll help you after a few days.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
10-08-2017, 09:45 AM
(10-08-2017 08:40 AM)Emma Wrote:  Yikes, sorry Rob. I can empathize. I have asthma, had it since I was in the 6th grade. It's rough sometimes. When bronchitis hits, it's awful. Lately it's been kicking back up due to allergies, most likely. My doc put me on Breo in addition to my normal Albuteral emergency inhaler. I used the Breo for the first 30 days consistently, and now I haven't been keeping up with it. Tbh, I'm a little worried about drug interactions with it and my Spironolactone.

When I was younger, the steroidal inhaler did help get things under control initially, so I think that it'll help you after a few days.

Steroidal inhalers will help avoid future attacks if used consistently. I learned the hard way. I am doing very well now that I use my Advair twice a day, always. It's just topical, you won't have any steroid side effects.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
10-08-2017, 11:57 AM
well the doctor said i have to use it until I don't need my normal inhaler any more.
I already feel the relief from it. I will probably use it for a week or so to make sure that I am good. and then i will keep it handy in case I have to use it again

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
10-08-2017, 12:32 PM
(10-08-2017 11:57 AM)Leerob Wrote:  well the doctor said i have to use it until I don't need my normal inhaler any more.
I already feel the relief from it. I will probably use it for a week or so to make sure that I am good. and then i will keep it handy in case I have to use it again

Use it for a while after your last attack is gone, and if you feel the slightest tickle in the throat or nose or the slightest sign of being tight, start using it again.

I can't stress enough how useful it is - even though the benefits are not apparent. People suffer through all kinds of shit because they won't use theirs.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post