My medication and the reason I left.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2016, 05:04 PM
My medication and the reason I left.
Hello to all those who have cared, as Angele has been pointing out in emails.

My signature is there for a reason. Sadly some don't either see it or get it.

Why did I leave? Because I am a loose cannon. I am so affected by drugs it is hard to fully explain. I am currently on the world's most expensive cancer drug. It is pumped continuously through a pump with a line inserted to me chest that ends one centimeter from my heart. Here are some of the side effects. I will place in italics, those that affect me most.

Fever
Neurotoxicity : In studies, some patients experienced serious neurologic complications, which can occur at any time, even a week or more into the infusion. These included seizures, confusion, disorientation, difficulty speaking or slurred speech, loss of balance of loss of consciousness. Notify your care team right away if you develop any neurologic changes.

Headache
Infection

Not only this, but due to the amount of pain I suffer, I am on no less than 12 doses of hydromorphone (Dilaudid) per day. Hydromorphone is 12 times stronger than morphine.

There are other drugs, for example I just had 4 pills for breakfast. Plus others. All of these drugs interact within my body and my brain suffers the most.

This morning I am booked into hospital for 3 bone marrow biopsies, plus they will take a sample of bone.

When this is complete I must then have a lumbar puncture, which takes from 90 minutes to 2 hours. The last procedure is to pump my spine with the world's strongest chemo'. This then plays havoc with my emotions for ten days. It gets worse day by day. The idea of this is to try to keep the cancer out of my brain. It it happens, that the cancer enters my brain, it is fatal.

Although I miss you all terribly, I feel it is best at least until I am well, or dead, that I remain away.

If I discover I am to die, I will come back and say goodbye.

Many of you have kept an insane man not only avoid loneliness, but also have provided stimulus in subjects I once knew well but now cannot remember.

I see there is a thread on Tiberius. Yes he existed. Not only do coins exist but so do statues and highly researched histories.

DLJ. Plato and the Googleplex has already been written. I read it. Not bad.

Love to all. Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 35 users Like Banjo's post
28-08-2016, 05:17 PM
RE: My medication and the reason I left.
You do whatever you think is best for you but know that you have been a great inspiration to many here and we want to hear from you because we care what is happening. There is little any of us can do but if we can give you a place to relieve the loneliness or provide a distraction then we want to offer that. We understand that the drugs and the pain affect your ability to think clearly and that doesn't matter. You are part of the TTA family and you don't get to sacrifice yourself in any way for our benefit.

If you don't trust your own thinking then trust what you are hearing from so many here. Your presence is wanted. If you need to limit interaction for your own benefit that's understandable but regrettable. Just don't try to do it for anybody else.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
28-08-2016, 05:18 PM
(28-08-2016 05:04 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hello to all those who have cared, as Angele has been pointing out in emails.

My signature is there for a reason. Sadly some don't either see it or get it.

Why did I leave? Because I am a loose cannon. I am so affected by drugs it is hard to fully explain. I am currently on the world's most expensive cancer drug. It is pumped continuously through a pump with a line inserted to me chest that ends one centimeter from my heart. Here are some of the side effects. I will place in italics, those that affect me most.

Fever
Neurotoxicity : In studies, some patients experienced serious neurologic complications, which can occur at any time, even a week or more into the infusion. These included seizures, confusion, disorientation, difficulty speaking or slurred speech, loss of balance of loss of consciousness. Notify your care team right away if you develop any neurologic changes.

Headache
Infection

Not only this, but due to the amount of pain I suffer, I am on no less than 12 doses of hydromorphone (Dilaudid) per day. Hydromorphone is 12 times stronger than morphine.

There are other drugs, for example I just had 4 pills for breakfast. Plus others. All of these drugs interact within my body and my brain suffers the most.

This morning I am booked into hospital for 3 bone marrow biopsies, plus they will take a sample of bone.

When this is complete I must then have a lumbar puncture, which takes from 90 minutes to 2 hours. The last procedure is to pump my spine with the world's strongest chemo'. This then plays havoc with my emotions for ten days. It gets worse day by day. The idea of this is to try to keep the cancer out of my brain. It it happens, that the cancer enters my brain, it is fatal.

Although I miss you all terribly, I feel it is best at least until I am well, or dead, that I remain away.

If I discover I am to die, I will come back and say goodbye.

Many of you have kept an insane man not only avoid loneliness, but also have provided stimulus in subjects I once knew well but now cannot remember.

I see there is a thread on Tiberius. Yes he existed. Not only do coins exist but so do statues and highly researched histories.

DLJ. Plato and the Googleplex has already been written. I read it. Not bad.

Love to all. Dale

Hang in there. I look forward to your return.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-08-2016, 05:19 PM
There must be something in the air because my eyes are tearing up for realz.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-08-2016, 05:20 PM
Hug email me any time you feel like chatting or need a distraction Dale <3

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
28-08-2016, 05:22 PM
Dale, you are welcome here. But the most important thing is that you take care of you.

If/when you are ready a whole bunch of us who care deeply about you will be here waiting...until then...

Much love. A

PS - I owe you an email. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-08-2016, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2016 08:12 AM by Aliza.)
Sounds like they're really putting you through the wringer with this. Stay strong and start feeling better soon.
28-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Dale,

You come back whenever you wish! We love you and don't care what you think. It's also because we love you so much that we get it.

We might not like it, but we get it.

Love you always!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-08-2016, 06:24 PM
You just do what feels right. If you feel you want to be here, just show up, we all support you and it doesn't matter if you're not at your best.

If you need to just shut off and concentrate on recouping, then that is what we all want you to do.

Just remember, we are always a soft place to fall for you! Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-08-2016, 06:31 PM
I have 300 relatives that crazier than you'll ever be, Banjo. Want to come watch some snake lovin'?

Keep your shit as long as you can, then be epic when you can't. We'll want video, of course.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post