My medication and the reason I left.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: My medication and the reason I left.
Watchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis? There are theists in here who should dream of being as lucid as you are, even when you are doped up to the eyeballs! I'll tip up a dram of cognac in your honor, today. Get well, soon!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
28-08-2016, 09:03 PM
I'll just repeat the same message to you Dale. Do whatever it is you need to do. We love you and root for you, always will. Not a thing you can do to change that.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
28-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Just keep doing what is best for you Banjo, we'll always be here for you when you get back.
Take good care. Hug
28-08-2016, 09:45 PM
Take care of yourself first, Banjo. We all understand. Sometimes a person just has to concentrate one thing at a time and we on this forum are all over the place with our thoughts and temperaments so it might not be what you need right now.

Just take care of yourself. We love you. Heart Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-08-2016, 10:48 PM
If staying away feels right, I support you 100% brother. But you should know, it's not a case of anyone not understanding the situation. We just don't CARE that the drugs make you wonky sometimes.

So if it's all the same to you, we're gonna keep setting your place at the dinner table. You don't need to show up unless you feel hungry for some TTA love, as long as you know there's always room for you here.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 10 users Like Stark Raving's post
28-08-2016, 10:58 PM
(28-08-2016 05:04 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hello to all those who have cared, as Angele has been pointing out in emails.

My signature is there for a reason. Sadly some don't either see it or get it.

Why did I leave? Because I am a loose cannon.
I know its fine for you to be a loose cannon.

Understand that you don't need to be getting into aggressive fights here, or explaining yourself if some people are offended by your comments. Perhaps if that happens, you could just refer their PMs or posts to a mod and the mod could discretely discuss the situation with that person, so that you don't need to deal with it?

IDK, maybe there is a way to make it work. Especially if you get value from this forum. If it creates tension for you though then you may need to do whatever necessary to remove that tension.

Anyways, best of luck with everything, your situation is horrible and you need to make the most of your time.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
29-08-2016, 12:36 AM
Banjo, my story is nothing like as harrowing as yours, but with enough pale reflections for me to be able to put myself, if not in your shoes in the shadow of your footprints.

I too have had a bad medication experience and chose the risk of a slightly shorter, but better quality, life over the alternative.

I had an almost fatal pair of heart attacks in the same night, or one two-parter 17 years ago. Got myself back to being able to walk 5 miles within three months. Even jog a couple of hundred yards.

Then they started me on losartan potassium and my quality of life went into decline from there. Got to the point where I was on the point of collapse from angina and poor blood supply to my head and limbs after walking about 50 yards. There were other bad symptoms.

To cut the story short, after careful home and away monitoring of my blood pressure and discussions with my doctor I stopped taking that stuff 6 moths ago. Can now walk a kilometer without too much trouble, romp up the stairs to my flat, don't fall over so often . . .

I am lucky enough to have a risky but viable solution, I can accept the risk. You have no such option it seems, and my heart goes out to you.

If I could channel a little of what I have to you I would do so willingly.

Hug

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
29-08-2016, 12:45 AM
Wow, Banjo. All these drugs and you are still several magnitudes of order more coherent than some posters over here.

Best wishes to you. Right through the center of the globe Big Grin

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
29-08-2016, 12:53 AM
It's good to hear from you again. Don't be a stranger. Hug

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
29-08-2016, 01:34 AM
You handle your business, brotha. We'll keep a chair empty and the fire warm for you.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post