My medication and the reason I left.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2016, 03:26 AM
RE: My medication and the reason I left.
Love ya man, glad you're back today is a good dayHug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
31-08-2016, 05:51 AM
(31-08-2016 01:56 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(31-08-2016 01:50 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Many thanks to everyone. Much appreciated. Smile

Dude, seriously... I wish you knew how much we love and admire you. Your kind heart and empathy, your talent, your open-mindedness, your wit, and your knowledge of history and sociology... there is no point at which your presence has not enriched this forum and the lives of its members. You're not just one of us, you're a great many things that I (and, I'm sure, most of us) aspire to be.

The very idea that you'd lose a modicum of your value to us because of the side effects of a medication you're taking is preposterous. Sorry, pal... I know you hold yourself to high standards, but that's how I see it.

Meanwhile, tell us about what else you've been doing to keep your mind busy, because I know you have. I'm looking especially forward to seeing some of the models you've been working on, which you already mentioned.

And welcome back. I already feel a great weight has lifted. Hug

Thanks for such a kind hearted post. Mainly I have been in the hospital.

As for models, I discovered with numb hands 1/48 scale is too small. So I have moved up to 1/32 and am working on a Spitfire. Virtually all the subassemblies are done but I am scared to use my airbrush. It is so gorgeous I don't want to dirty it.

Not much happening. I did get reading glasses so now I can read again.

I had a couple more falls, but that is par for the course.

My only visitor has been the local cat. He tends to arrive when I am very ill. I was in bed last Sunday with all the lights off. He pawed my door and meowed but I didn't want to know. He kept knocking for 10 minutes then went away. He returned 30 minutes later far more insistent and meowed and knocked really loudly. So I got up, let him in and went back to bed. He jumped up and slept by my feet. After an hour he patted my foot, it was time to go.

I had 4 operations this week and went to teach this afternoon. Sadly playing drums opened the wounds and I began to bleed and had to call off the classes.

I lost three more kilos last week.

That's about it.

Thanks again.

(31-08-2016 03:26 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Love ya man, glad you're back today is a good dayHug

Adey my friend I missed you too. I was going to send my email. In fact I will.

Thanks everyone.

PS. It's about time Heywood got banned. What did he finally do?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
31-08-2016, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2016 10:17 AM by adey67.)
(31-08-2016 05:51 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(31-08-2016 01:56 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Dude, seriously... I wish you knew how much we love and admire you. Your kind heart and empathy, your talent, your open-mindedness, your wit, and your knowledge of history and sociology... there is no point at which your presence has not enriched this forum and the lives of its members. You're not just one of us, you're a great many things that I (and, I'm sure, most of us) aspire to be.

The very idea that you'd lose a modicum of your value to us because of the side effects of a medication you're taking is preposterous. Sorry, pal... I know you hold yourself to high standards, but that's how I see it.

Meanwhile, tell us about what else you've been doing to keep your mind busy, because I know you have. I'm looking especially forward to seeing some of the models you've been working on, which you already mentioned.

And welcome back. I already feel a great weight has lifted. Hug

Thanks for such a kind hearted post. Mainly I have been in the hospital.

As for models, I discovered with numb hands 1/48 scale is too small. So I have moved up to 1/32 and am working on a Spitfire. Virtually all the subassemblies are done but I am scared to use my airbrush. It is so gorgeous I don't want to dirty it.

Not much happening. I did get reading glasses so now I can read again.

I had a couple more falls, but that is par for the course.

My only visitor has been the local cat. He tends to arrive when I am very ill. I was in bed last Sunday with all the lights off. He pawed my door and meowed but I didn't want to know. He kept knocking for 10 minutes then went away. He returned 30 minutes later far more insistent and meowed and knocked really loudly. So I got up, let him in and went back to bed. He jumped up and slept by my feet. After an hour he patted my foot, it was time to go.

I had 4 operations this week and went to teach this afternoon. Sadly playing drums opened the wounds and I began to bleed and had to call off the classes.

I lost three more kilos last week.

That's about it.

Thanks again.

(31-08-2016 03:26 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Love ya man, glad you're back today is a good dayHug

Adey my friend I missed you too. I was going to send my email. In fact I will.

Thanks everyone.

PS. It's about time Heywood got banned. What did he finally do?

He went too far in goading Rocket Surgeon way way too far check out the privatization of prisons thread, makes me sick he could suggest such a horrid thing of such a decent man. I lost my temper big time, I was furiousSad
31-08-2016, 07:13 AM
You are aspirational my friend!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-09-2016, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2016 12:59 PM by LadyDay.)
(30-08-2016 05:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  My real concern was that I may hurt the forum itself. Drive away new members and such. This in turn could hurt new members and deprive them of the help they can receive from those here with shared experiences.

I think that if you write something to a new member that might upset them, the many people here who know your situation will step in and pm you to check if your post was intentionally phrased and clear headed and they would be able to smooth over any situation that might arise from your not being yourself. There's moderators here who know you well enough to be specifically entrusted with that job. So your posts can be taken serious when you are being serious, but someone is ready to help fix unintentional bad situations.

Either way, you are loved and there are a bunch of people here who'll make new members feel welcome and comfortable, even if you're being an asshole. Big Grin

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 4 users Like LadyDay's post
01-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Facepalm

here we do again! When you said your hands were tired from playing with models I completely misunderstood and thought you meant THESE kinds of models.

[Image: image_zps28v6cht9.jpeg]

Facepalm

hang in there sweet cheeks.

and another just for fun

[Image: image_zps8vjommmp.jpeg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
01-09-2016, 12:54 PM
(01-09-2016 12:51 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Facepalm

here we do again! When you said your hands were tired from playing with models I completely misunderstood and thought you meant THESE kinds of models.

Facepalm

and another just for fun

Yeah. Thanks for that you just put my blood pressure up so bad I had a stroke Tongue Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
01-09-2016, 04:57 PM

here we do again! When you said your hands were tired from playing with models.

No my hands are numb. My arse is sore from sitting on the Tama drum stool I use at my work bench.

Those photos remind me of living with my brother when he owned an advertising agency and hanging at Ross Coleman's house all day when he was preparing to choreograph a fashion show.

It was good being a young drummer back then.....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-09-2016, 07:17 PM
(01-09-2016 12:54 PM)adey67 Wrote:  

Facepalm

and another just for fun

Yeah. Thanks for that you just put my blood pressure up so bad I had a stroke Tongue Big Grin

I bet it was a LOT more than ONE stroke. Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
02-09-2016, 02:32 AM
(01-09-2016 07:17 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(01-09-2016 12:54 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Yeah. Thanks for that you just put my blood pressure up so bad I had a stroke Tongue Big Grin

I bet it was a LOT more than ONE stroke. Drinking Beverage

Roflmao Big Grin