My mom doesn't like "Da Beards"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2015, 08:37 AM
My mom doesn't like "Da Beards"
I love my mom of course, but it took me forever to not let her bugaboos get to me. But looking back at it now, I don't want her to change because she gives me comic relief and is making this post possible.

My mom hates facial hair, always bugs me for even the slightest stubble. So yesterday we were rooting for all the same teams. Lions, Panthers and Bears. So I fell asleep just after halftime during the Packer/Bears game, and didn't know the score until she called me up. I assumed she fell asleep too.

NO, she turned off the TV during the halftime honoring of Bret..........BECAUSE HE DIDN'T SHAVE! He he he, and I told my mom really mom? Not everyone cares about looks. Oh my THOR, really, out of all the things to worry about. I cant say I don't have my own bugaboos, but still. My mom was a good sport about the phone call though.

A BEARD MOM? REALLY? Tongue

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2015, 01:18 AM
RE: My mom doesn't like "Da Beards"
(27-11-2015 08:37 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I love my mom of course, but it took me forever to not let her bugaboos get to me. But looking back at it now, I don't want her to change because she gives me comic relief and is making this post possible.

My mom hates facial hair, always bugs me for even the slightest stubble. So yesterday we were rooting for all the same teams. Lions, Panthers and Bears. So I fell asleep just after halftime during the Packer/Bears game, and didn't know the score until she called me up. I assumed she fell asleep too.

NO, she turned off the TV during the halftime honoring of Bret..........BECAUSE HE DIDN'T SHAVE! He he he, and I told my mom really mom? Not everyone cares about looks. Oh my THOR, really, out of all the things to worry about. I cant say I don't have my own bugaboos, but still. My mom was a good sport about the phone call though.

A BEARD MOM? REALLY? Tongue

Is your mom religious? Isn't Jesus depicted with a beard? Abraham Lincoln had a beard and he was a pretty impressive person. Since most men don't wear makeup having a beard or a little facial hair is the one thing men can do to change their look.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
28-11-2015, 04:25 AM
RE: My mom doesn't like "Da Beards"
She believes but really in a casual "just in case" way, she is hardly fundy. Everyone has bugaboos, that was how she was raised, men dress neat, and shave, that is what she tried to sell me growing up.

We are the odd couple. I simply am not hung up on looks as much as she is.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user