My mom has cancer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: My mom has cancer.
Get there fast KC. ICU is serious.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2016, 12:34 AM
(23-07-2016 06:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Several months ago the cancer came back. She's been at MD Anderson and started t-cell treatment earlier this week. She's not responding well and has started to seize. They have her in ICU.

This is not looking good.

Be strong, brotha. My hopes and best wishes are with her and you, for what it's worth.

(23-07-2016 06:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Thank you all. Since my recovery, many things have changed. Not sure how to deal with this now.

Be happy you're in recovery, for one thing. Dealing with this while your mind is clouded by addiction could not, I think, better anything, either your own mental health, or your ability to give your family strength in a crisis. There's no easy solution for facing the death of a parent, but there are plenty of less-easy solutions dealing with such a matter when you're in the Whirlpool.

[Image: fchog.jpg]

As for getting to Houston, waste not the hour. I'm a few hours away in Austin, but if there's anything I can do, PM me or give me a call -- I'm PMing my #. If I can do it, I will.

Much love.
24-07-2016, 01:16 AM
(23-07-2016 07:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Think I might head to Houston. Her heart rate has dropped in the 30s and the crash unit is standing by.
KC, don't waste a minute and rush to see her. Be there for her, hold her hand, tell her how much you love her. Make sure that, if and when she'll go, the last thing she'll see will be the face of her beloved ones.
For what it's worth, my thoughts are with you. PM me if you need to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes DunkleSeele's post
24-07-2016, 05:58 AM
(03-03-2015 08:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  She has large B-cell lymphoma.

This is killing me. I don't want to lose my mom. She was always the healthy one - compared to my dad, anyway. We always thought we would lose him long before my mom. Now, I just don't know. I can't imagine life without her.

She goes to the doctor tomorrow where they will be giving her more info such as the stage of the cancer and treatments.

I'm holding it together on the outside, but on the inside I'm a mess.

I know how you feel. I love my mom too, she's had some health problems over the years and even breast cancer, although they caught it early. My mom is my biggest supporter, does more for me than any mom would at my age. I don't know where I would be without her. The thought of her not being around is frightening. Hopefully they can do something for your mom.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-07-2016, 10:19 AM
(23-07-2016 06:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Thank you all. Since my recovery, many things have changed. Not sure how to deal with this now.

First off, I know you don't know me from a stranger on the corner but you have all the support from me that one could give. Hug

Things may have changed but your mindset cannot. You must continue to keep yourself as somewhat of a priority every single day. You cannot relax on this. Keep strong and keep your recovery going in honor of your mother.

I don't know what has happened since you last posted about this, however, I wish you nothing but the best. You are in my thoughts.
26-07-2016, 01:47 AM
Hug sorry KC Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-07-2016, 09:18 AM
From my brother's post; pretty much says it all:

Quote:My mom is just doing better and better. She sang to the kids and Michelle last night, and has been talking up a storm this morning. The ICU doctor came in and was astounded by her recovery. She did an MRI at about 4 this morning, and a lumbar puncture yesterday. Still waiting on the results of both. So thankful to God and the incredible doctors and nurses here at MD Anderson.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
26-07-2016, 09:31 AM
(26-07-2016 09:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  From my brother's post; pretty much says it all:

Quote:My mom is just doing better and better. She sang to the kids and Michelle last night, and has been talking up a storm this morning. The ICU doctor came in and was astounded by her recovery. She did an MRI at about 4 this morning, and a lumbar puncture yesterday. Still waiting on the results of both. So thankful to God and the incredible doctors and nurses here at MD Anderson.

Hug

So so happy to hear she's doing better. It sounded really bleak there. Hoping for the best with the results. Keep strong and keep us posted <3

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
26-07-2016, 11:32 AM
(26-07-2016 09:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  From my brother's post; pretty much says it all:

Let's hope it works Smile Good to hear she's cheerful.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.