Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: My mom has cancer.
No Well crap. That's just crap. Hug

Some food for thought:
"Cancer is a word, not a sentence." - John Diamond

When it's time to start treatment -
Learn about the chemo she'll be taking. What are the main side effects? Is the main side effect fatigue? When friends and family ask if there is anything they can do, ask them to donate gift cards for restaurants that have take-out/delivery so your parents don't have to worry about cooking. What about nausea? Ensure that anyone visiting DOES NOT wear perfume, cologne, or scented lotions - when you're puking, last thing you wanna smell is Polo Blue. It's the little things. Heart

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
04-03-2015, 05:25 PM
I'm so sorry, KC Hug Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
04-03-2015, 06:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. Damn cancer!
04-03-2015, 11:09 PM
She didn't get any new information from the doctor today. She has to go back to the oncologist next week, and from there, I'm assuming he'll tell her what stage it's in and what her treatment options are.

And by the way, thank you all for your love and support. This is a very difficult time for my family and me.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
04-03-2015, 11:23 PM
(04-03-2015 11:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  She didn't get any new information from the doctor today. She has to go back to the oncologist next week, and from there, I'm assuming he'll tell her what stage it's in and what her treatment options are.

And by the way, thank you all for your love and support. This is a very difficult time for my family and me.

Keep us posted.

Hug

Thinking of you Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Hug

We're here if you need us.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-03-2015, 11:29 PM
Let us know what happens. Thinking of you.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
05-03-2015, 03:24 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that KC. My thoughts are with you and your family.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
05-03-2015, 03:54 AM
I know what you're going through, KC, and I'm really sorry to hear that. Be strong, be there for her. All my best wishes to you and your family. HugHug
05-03-2015, 09:24 AM
(03-03-2015 10:07 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  :hugs:

alternatives to traditional treatments:
http://www.thedcasite.com/DCA_protocol/NHL_gone.html

http://www.cureyourowncancer.org/joanne-...s-oil.html

I think it is criminal to deny people access to endocannabinoids which our bodies produce naturally but sometimes not enough.

If your mother goes through such treatments, consider them and move her to Colorado.

Best wishes

Sorry to hear about your mom. My other comment is to have nothing to do with what this guy is suggesting. Cancer is a very scary thing and the treatment options are not fun. But, alternative methods = death. There was a study recently that said even doing these alternative methods while doing the regular stuff results in shortened lifespans.

Stick with real doctors and get to the best cancer facility you can get to. Even if it means getting on an airplane.

Best of luck.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post