My mom has cancer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2015, 07:36 PM
RE: My mom has cancer.
My condolences. Stay strong, best wishes.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Cancer is an old friend in my family. My grandfather died of a brain tumor and my grandmother died of stomach cancer. My little sister has had breast cancer and colon cancer. She didn't do chemo or radiation and she is about 10 years with no evidence of disease [NED]. She did start chemo after her colon cancer but she said the chemo was the deadliest part of the disease so she quit. My wife had a malignant melanoma followed by breast cancer. She didn't do radiation or chemo either. She is five years plus with NED. I had a non-malignant but pre-cancerous tumor in my ascending colon and I also had advanced prostate cancer. I don't know what stage it was because I didn't care enough to ask. I'm sure they told me though. [When my surgeon took out 10 inches of my colon, he threw in an appendectomy and a hernia repair. ] I did not do radiation or chemo and I am 3 years with NED. [You can play checkers amidst the scars on my belly.] I am told that chemo is mostly a rip-off but that it is wonderful with the lymphomas. [My father and brother, both pharmacologists, told me that.]

The good news is, cancer does not scare me at all, at all, at all.
20-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Thanks again for all the kind words.

My mom is in chemo right now. She has five more treatments after this. The doctors say that they are fully confident the treatments will rid her of the cancer.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 12 users Like kingschosen's post
20-03-2015, 03:12 PM
(20-03-2015 03:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Thanks again for all the kind words.

My mom is in chemo right now. She has five more treatments after this. The doctors say that they are fully confident the treatments will rid her of the cancer.

I hope the chemo does what it's supposed to do and that you mom is able to tolerate it well. Please keep us posted.

Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Sounds like she's in good hands - that's going to help with the stress level.
She's got to keep up a strong and healthy diet. A good goat yogurt you might be able to find in your area is Red Hill Farms -get the plain, it's better for the system - it will up her protein without fucking with her hormones. It's soothing for the gut - even an infant can eat it.
If necessary get her some edibles for the nausea - you know what I mean.

Help her keep her health, Kingsy. Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-03-2015, 09:37 PM

Wow, such fantastic news! Smile Yay!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-03-2015, 11:00 PM

Hug that's encouraging news! I hope she gets through it quickly.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-03-2015, 04:10 PM
good to hear!
Hug

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
23-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Glad to see this. Great news.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
24-03-2015, 07:44 AM
Lymphoma treatment has come a long way in the last ten years or so. My father was officially declared in remission from the low grade chronic lymphocytic lymphoma. He was in the class of people who should have been "cured" by the chemo but had to bow out early because his body couldn't handle it. He's doing well but his immune system isn't 100%.

A friend of mine roughly my age was diagnosed just a little over ten years ago now when "cure" was a word that could only cause false hope. He ended up with a bone marrow transplant that saved his life but which isn't something I'd wish on anyone. The long term health negative effects of hosting a hostile immune system in your body are very serious.

All the best to you and your mother.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.