My mom has cancer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2015, 07:04 PM
RE: My mom has cancer.
I'm sorry to hear about your mother, KC, but I'm glad to hear that the doctors are confident that she'll recover!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2015, 09:11 PM
So glad things are looking up! I hope the chemo isn't too rough on her. :hugs:

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
29-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Losing a parent is beyond tough. I only have my mom left and I know there's not a day that goes by where I don't think about my dad. We had reached the stage in our relationship where we were friends and I miss having him to talk to. I could have told him I was an atheist and he would have understood that I thought it through. He might not have agreed with me, but he wouldn't have hounded me about it. I'm not sure if I told my mom that we could continue to have a normal relationship and that saddens me. I'm glad that things are looking up and I hope the doctors continue to heal your mom.
30-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Really happy that things are looking up. Keep dealing (I imagine you still have a lingering sick feeling in your gut awaiting an "all clear"), and hopefully in a year you will just be talking with her over dinner about how she beat it!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
30-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Just read this today, and sending you hugs and well wishes for your mother. I hope everything turns out okay. Hug

Be true to yourself. Heart
30-03-2015, 09:40 PM
KC you there man? Hope she's doing better.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
31-03-2015, 12:25 PM
I'm around... but not really. As Angie said in an email, I tend to disappear when things start happening IRL.

Just found out that I wasn't told everything. This wasn't done maliciously... it was done for my own protection. Her cancer is Stage 3... maybe 4. And, the confidence of the docs was a little over-hyped.

So, we'll see how things go.

The chemo is making her sick (as it should), so that's always a fun addition to things.

Anyway, thanks again for all the support. Now, back to my cave under my rock.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
31-03-2015, 01:38 PM
(31-03-2015 12:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm around... but not really. As Angie said in an email, I tend to disappear when things start happening IRL.

Just found out that I wasn't told everything. This wasn't done maliciously... it was done for my own protection. Her cancer is Stage 3... maybe 4. And, the confidence of the docs was a little over-hyped.

So, we'll see how things go.

The chemo is making her sick (as it should), so that's always a fun addition to things.

Anyway, thanks again for all the support. Now, back to my cave under my rock.

Hug

Thinking of you.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

31-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Sorry KC. This really hits you in the guts... Here if you need us. Be well, my friend.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
02-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Well, I retract my "great news" comment. Ugh, really sorry to see this update.

Stage 3, and possibly 4, is bad, no point in sugar coating it. But, as long as she is alive, she is alive. Don't give up hope. Doctors work near miracles these days. We can't yet cure death but we can certainly postpone it.

Best of luck to you and your family. Try to focus on the positives, the memories and the time you have left with her regardless if that's a day, a month, a year or a decade.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost